Yeager Lake

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Malichi1970, Aug 23, 2006.

1. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    Anyone fish out here? If so what was you using and how did you do?

2. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I've gone several times jugging there. It's been several years ago, though. We caught quite a few in the 2-4 lb range. That was the size we were targeting back then. All were channels. We were catching for a charity fish fry each time we went. Most were caught to the right of the public boat ramp. Wish I could remember more to help you.

3. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    I used to fish there years ago, every weekend... Channels were 10 lbs and under back then.. The north end of the lake is real shallow.. Waist deep in the middle... We used to trot line the north end.. There's a deep hole on the south end around the spillway real close... I used to bank fish there.. Caught some nice 5 to six lbers back then... They should be alot bigger by now... Most people bass fish and ski there now... Not too many people fishing for cats up there...

4. Shortarms

Shortarms New Member

State:
    Illinois
    That's where I do the majority of my catfishing. This year has been pretty bad. We had decent luck before summer. Couple ten pounders and my brother pulled a 14 pounder out of there. We tightline from the bank with cut shad. You'll get more bites with chicken liver but you'll mostly catch bullheads and drum.

5. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    i was going to say the same thing i use chicken liver out there alot done some good in the past