Yea, It's Pink

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by Snagged2, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    I build this rod for my Sweetie,,
    7' med action , rated about 25#.
    Built up this Abu Garcia 6500 in the Maroon color for her also.. Converted this one to the IAR style bearing, put in the Carbon Drags,and, 6.3:1 gear ratio..

Was a fun build,, and I'm kinda tired of her outfishin' me with her Zebco tackle..:smile2:

Attached Files:

2. boombalaty

boombalaty New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Very nice! I bet she was thrilled! I cant wait to build my first.

3. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    great job on the combo Greg!!!looks great now you wont have to make up a poor excuse when she out fishes you...it's the equipment!!!

4. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    That is a nice pole, good job. My wife wants a pink one too. Wish I could make it for her, but will probably have to buy it from BPS.

5. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Some guys will do anything to curry favor:smile2::smile2: Congrats on what looks to be a very good job. Stay safe!!!

6. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Nice work indeed. Ain't nothing wrong with pink. Heck i'ld use pink if it was free.:smile2:

7. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thats darned nice Greg.

8. GatorT

GatorT New Member

State:
    Camden, South Carolina
    NICE!!!!

9. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    nice rod she oughta like that rod

10. brownie525

brownie525 New Member

State:
    Nj
    very cool:cool2: nice job on the combo.

11. nannycat

nannycat New Member

State:
    mid AZ
    yes, I am the sweetie, also known as nannycat here in the BOC. I love my new rod, it is really hot lookin' especially in person. It looks so good I just can't stand the thought of going out and getting it all guckie...so yes, all you guys should have one built for your sweetie if she loves to fish like I do. I can't wait to get mine out there and catch a bigger one than snagged2 !!

Thanx Greg, I love you....hope you like the special dinner I'm cooking for you tonight:003::002:

12. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Nice looking piece Greg!You been hiding your light under the basket? Hats off to you brother!:cool2:

13. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Shoot he ain't been hideing, he's been busy:cool2: Super nice job Greg, them eva handles are super light ain't they?

Shes gonna smoke them fishy's now Bro!.:eek:oooh:

Oh what ya have for dinner?:big_smile:

14. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    very nice lookin setup, heck i'd make ya dinner for one:smile2:

15. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Looking good. Nice rig. I'm sure she is proud of it and you. Thanks for sharing.

16. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    She should like it, It looks real nice.

17. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Hey gang... had the plesure of fishing with Snagged2 and Mindy at the Blythe Gathering.... took em out in my boat for a short run on Sat. night after our Gathering get together.....

I got to see all the gear that Greg had brought with him to sell or share with us..... This guy has a walking parts store with him... can convert ABU's of all colors and sizes...

I was rather impressed with one custom wrapped rod that he had to show for his time..... he has one that has rattle snake skin on the lower end and grips... but the one that I like was up there in the price range... I was hoping that since you boys all like me so well... that we might take up a collection of say $.25 per friend or potential friend and I might have the rod for my birthday at the end of August....

I mean this rod is nice... got a balance to it that is un-believable... and the grips are such that it would be an excellent ocean rod for tuna and yellowtail and would just fill the bill for a replacement of my ole "moyer" rod that looks like shit now....

Dream on.... Bayrunner Ray

18. 40oz

40oz New Member

State:
    Gun Barrel Tx
    Nice looking rod, my wife keep bugging me bout getting her a pink one

19. desertcatrat

desertcatrat New Member

State:
    Palm Springs,a.
    greg nice job again. your the man
    i had the pleasure of meeting greg and his sweetie mindy at the blythe,ca boc gather last month, class act all the way and greg caught the monster of the nite on the canal
    he has done work on two of my abus and brought them back from the dregs, if its abu, he can do it
    and then there's the rods, beautiful work, but when are u gonna build a 9' glass 15-40 black red n grey, one piece
    maybe later this year huh
    he is a fine wrencher of reels and quick n on time
    i would recommend his work to ANYONE and i would stand by it
    nice rod and i know nannycat loves it, the ol zebco just gotta go,

20. Cherokee Rod Man

Cherokee Rod Man New Member

State:
    Eufaula La
    Great rods Greg, The pink wraps are poular here second to NCP purple! That looks good on any black blank.:big_smile: