Yea! I got TV again...

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by beetle, Jul 17, 2007.

1. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well first let me say thanks to the help that was offered from some of you guys and gals, it was much appreciated. Today makes day 8 without TV for the family but as of 8:30pm Dish came through and showed up and installed me a new system. Now I have to call directv and cancel my subscription of 14yrs. They just could not get the job done! Now maybe I can go fishing again.LOL

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I had direct tv for a long time and when we had a snaffoo over my provider in which in a three way call both providers gon into an arguement I told both that I was swhitching to dish and never looked back.

3. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Wow! Eight days without the tube:crazy:! My kids would have gone bonkers!:eek:oooh: Let us know how you like the Dish system. I'm giving serious thought to getting rid of cable and going with something else!

4. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    That's great to hear Roger. I was wondering if someone came through for you yesterday, glad you posted here.

5. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    What is a FTA box?
    Bill

6. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL

I *believe* he is talking about Free to Air Satellite ...

Curious though on What kind of programming do you get?? Last I looked, it was MOSTLY televangelists and PBS, though thats been a while ago.... Any good links you may have for info would be appreciated

7. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Be careful with the Dish Network. Last night were were watching the final table of the WSOP Main Event and it started raining. We lost the signal for about 45 minutes or so. Just because of rain. He said he has that problem alot with it.

I stick with Time Warner Cable, they have never done me wrong.

Good luck buddy, my daughter would of been tired of Disney Movies after the first 2 days. lol

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Roger is it not funny that we never miss the water until the well runs dry. We just expect everything to go the way we want it to. Glad your back in business.:smile2:

9. barrelbritches

barrelbritches New Member

State:
    Texas
    I have been on the fta system , back when direct tv satellite had cards, changed to dish cards then to a memory chip. Pansat been working ever since.

10. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I just wish I knew what in the heck you guys were talking about. :smile2: Sounds interesting though.

11. barrelbritches

barrelbritches New Member

State:
    Texas
    Go to dss evolution and start reading it will answer all you questions.Then come back and look us up

12. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I just tried to but everywhere I go says I have to be a member. Do you get The Sportsman's Channel?

13. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL

I pretty much know very little, if anything, about FTA's.. Just looked at a channel listing a looooong time ago. After this thread, I bounced around and it "appears" the systems are real reasonbly priced...
    For the complete Newbie, that knows nothing about any of it :wink:, which system would be wise to look into.. I'll research from there....