Yatesville lake?

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Katdaddy29, May 27, 2008.

1. Katdaddy29

Katdaddy29 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Does anyone know of any good bank spots at Yatesville?

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Welcome to the BOC!!!

The only places I've bank fished there is close to the Marina off the pier and down. I've also fished across the road in the back water. Never done any good for cats there though.
    Good Luck!!!

3. roof99

roof99 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Real good place to catch bait and bass, its also a great place to take the kids, but there are cats there I hooked up on about a 5 lb. channel but I was using a ultra lite rod and he broke my line wasnt fishing for cats I just got lucky got him all the way to the bank! Try fishing the backwater.

4. Katdaddy29

Katdaddy29 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    When you say backwater, do you mean the tailwaters of the dam? Thanks for the welcome!

5. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    When you first get to Yatesville there will be back water on the left side of the road. And welcome to the BOC. Oh don't go fishing with Catfish John, His gray hair scares fish off.

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

LMAO!!! Mama said don't go near that river, don't be hangin around ol' catfishjohn!

By the time I get to fish again it won't be gray, It'll be white!:crazy::wink::smile2: