Yatesville, Grayson, Greenbo Lakes

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Jeremy Sheffey, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    Has anyone been doing any good at Yatsville, Grayson, or Greenbo Lakes? If so what on?

2. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    me no ifished grayson caught carp a few small fish at greenbo its ready to explode any time now i hope:smile2:

3. Jeremy Sheffey

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    Do you catch many big ones at greenbo, cause i seem to catch more eaters than anything outta there.

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I haven't been to Y-ville any this year. Not done any good at Grayson except for catching bait. Had a couple trips to Greenbo that were pretty good. Caught a couple Channels 7 & 6lbs and a few other small ones. Last few trips me and mankind took to greenbo were no good due to the spawn. It should pick back up soon i'd say.:confused2:

5. Jeremy Sheffey

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    do you guys catch mostly chanels, blues, or flats up there in greenbo. its one of my favorite bass/crappie lakes. i haven't fished it for catfish much though. when i was a kid all we ever fished were paylakes and now that im older i like the idea of fishing elsewhere as well.

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Mostly Channels there and a few bullheads. I've only heard of a couple Blues taken outta there and 1 was questionable.:roll_eyes::smile2: No Flatties in there, wish there was.
    I used to fish pay ponds some as well, now a days if I can't hit the river or a state lake I don't go.:roll_eyes: I don't agree with how 99% of them obtain their fish and do business. To each his own though.

7. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Been to Yatesville one trip early this year and no luck. Was at Grayson once about a month ago caught5 or 6 eater channels. A friend of mine has been burning Yatesville up with chicken liver, catching 20 to 30 small eaters ea. trip.

8. Jeremy Sheffey

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    where does he fish up in yatesville near the dam or in one of the fingers.

9. bigkane

bigkane New Member

State:
    Ashland, K
    Where's a good place to bank fish for the cats at Greenbo? How about Yatesville. I need to get a boat but for now all I can do is bank fish and sometimes it's hard to find 'em from the bank. Seem's like all I catch at Greenbo is turtles.

10. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    He fishes the upper end of the lake. He usually put in on rt.32. I've not heard from him in a couple of weeks but he was still catching them then. Mostly channels.

11. Jeremy Sheffey

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    im not really sure how to there from the shore, but i have seen people down by the dam fishing quite a bit and as we all know catfish tend to be around dams. but i other then that im not very helpful....