Yatesville fishing

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by WV_Catfisherman, Aug 2, 2009.

1. WV_Catfisherman

WV_Catfisherman New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    went to yatesville fishing last night and had a good night. caught about 15 catfish in the 2-5lb range, and didnt fish but about 2 hours because of the rain. they were bitin so fast had to quit usin my second pole. if your lookin for some eatin sized chanels, yatesville is the place to go.

2. bigkane

bigkane New Member

State:
    Ashland, K
    Did ya fish from the bank or boat?

3. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    i was wondering the same thing...

4. WV_Catfisherman

State:
    West Virginia
    was fishing from the bank back in a cove that we had boated too and setup camp for the night. was using a 3-way rig with dip bait on a treble hook and chicken liver on the other. they were bitin on both baits. any more questions, just ask.

5. Jeremy Sheffey

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    only one moooorrreee....

Which cove was it exactly??? :D

6. bigkane

bigkane New Member

State:
    Ashland, K
    Yeah and can we go next time???:smile2::smile2::smile2:

7. WV_Catfisherman

State:
    West Virginia
    i dont know exactly what cove it was, was my first time on the lake, but ill do my best to describe it. there was alot of standing timber on the right side of the cove, and a concrete ramp of some kind at the very back of the cove, that looked like it hadnt been used in a long time. we camped to the left of the concrete ramp and fished there. would be happy to take you guys there, but my boat isnt seaworthy yet and was in a buddy's boat. but, if you have a boat and want someone to go fishing with, ill gladly show you the spot :wink: im not one of those people that think fishing spots should be some big secret. i like to see everybody catchin fish, so any more questions, just ask

Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
  8. Jeremy Sheffey

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    nope we just have to find a boat for the three of us to ride in and a night we can all go. i have a sea worthy boat but no motor on it at the current time. it got stolen a few weeks ago now. its just a 15 foot jon boat but it floats and fishes well...

9. WV_Catfisherman

State:
    West Virginia
    just let me know. im not workin right now, so i can go fishin anytime. and usually do somewhere. dont get down towards kentucky very often to fish, but yatesville was a nice lake, and the fishing was great, so would like to make another trip down that way. maybe someone with a boat will chime in and offer to take us fishin:big_smile: ill bring the bait!!