yards of line

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by slikk03, May 16, 2009.

1. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    ive been posting this here and there, i tend to get forgetful but im a bank man plan on fishing the miss with 6500s, is 150 yard spools a decent amoutn aof line, to have on, or do i need 200, to 300, ,also i cant cast more than 50 yards with a 3 0z weght, ,ill be fishing the illinios side of the altone lock, by the museum, will 150 pull in a 40, or 60 pounder

2. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    yea you may have to thumb the spool to add some drag. i MAY be going there to fish the dam next month depending on how things go here. ill post somewere if im abol to go when it gets close to that time.

3. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    well if you keep in touch i might meet you there, they say its not eay for a bankman to fish, i hopre i can make some boating freinds, , so im not bank bound, seems like 90 percent of the boc are decent people, there a few that are rude but, i like the people they all seem down to earth, not saying were all saints, i can hang with anybody as long as they dont bring hard drugs, or get to drunk and loud, im not agaist people who might have a beer or smoke a joint, but i draw the line there, i do prefer that people keep that at home if they go on a trip with me, since its illegal and all, but i just like to fish man

4. Catfish KID

Catfish KID New Member

State:
    godfrey,illinois
    jake i got a boat and am almost always ready, couple spots i fish below the dam have produced some big fish. biggest being 72# and my buddy was fishin with 25#mono on a 733, about 110 yards of line is all he can get on it. no problems, he also caught a 54# that night.

5. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Three hundred's yard's you fishing for cat's or tuna?????

6. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    And I got spooled 4 times last year. And got spooled spoonbill snaggen 1 time this spring. It happens, know guys who have had 8olb braid ripped clean off reels. Big blues in the river have pull and so do some big lake sturgen I know I have caught 2 monster lake sturgen here on the Mo river one was 3 ft the other around 6.

7. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    i beliv that after yesterday welder, no hookups i relised that drags gotta be tight, i was using my normal flathead drag setting, my rod smaked the boate, and took drag like it was in freespool, but , never hooked up , due to the low drag leson number three tight drag, strong line, im thinking about, swithing 100 percent to kaels for blues, gamas are not working, for me, and im doing eeverything right, dont get it, never had luck on them yet there rated numero ono, i use large cuts, maby thats the problem welder