Yard Sales

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Nobody Special, Apr 22, 2006.

1. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

State:
    TN
    I went to one today and the guy had 9 sets of deer antlers. I asked how much and he said $15 each. I said "how much for the whole box" and he said I could have them for $5.00 each if I took the whole box. I ended up giving him $20.00 for all nine racks. I put them on ebay and will know if I made a good deal or not in about 7 days.

2. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    What is your name on ebay? I might be interested and would much rather bid on something from a brother.

3. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Hey Grumpy, you are a shrude one. I love going to yard sales, always find a deal.

4. YeeHaw

YeeHaw New Member

State:
    Quincy Illinois
    That's a good idea. You could make a good amount buying stuff cheap at sales, and selling the stuff on ebay.

5. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    My wife is the one to take with you to yard sales and to swap meets man she is a good wheeler and dealer. Me on the other hand if I want it and it is in a price area I like I will just buy it lol.

6. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

State:
    TN
    Well, my $20.00 investment paid off. The nine sets of antlers sold for $12.62, $15.59, $20.80, $24.00, $12.12, $16.50, $11.62, $14.19, $5.01. Total :$121.45.

7. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Sounds like your investment will pay for a few fishing trips. Good deal. Thanks for sharing

8. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Good ideal. I hope it works out for you. I have friends who does the same. They do good on Ebay. Check just about every week.

Does any of those antlers come with meat attached. If so, I'll take one. LOL.:big_smile:

9. I_try

I_try New Member

State:
    Central Arkansas
    My father is obsessed with older cars and buys junk cars that people will sell for hundreds to a couple thousand. take parts of the car and clean them up and sell them on ebay, makes a good profit off most of the cars.

says he used to hate the idea of destroying any old car but now he feels like its better sellin them to someone who might restore it instead of someone who would let it rot :roll_eyes: