Yard Sales

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Nobody Special, Mar 19, 2006.

1. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

State:
    TN
    Who likes to hit the yard sales on the weekends? We went to one Friday and they had a 10" mitre saw for $25.00. I snapped it up without even haggling over the price. I got me some cedar boards today and tried it out. I made 5 bluebird houses.

2. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Sweet deal Grumpy,
    You can find some real Gems sometimes.

3. bubbajum

bubbajum New Member

State:
    Monongahel
    Man I love yard sales you never know what you will see. I got a bench vice last year for $20.00. You might be saying 20 bucks for a vice at a yard sale, this is no ordinary vice it was used in a train yard to clamp the wheels in and work on the hubs. This thing is huge and weighs 90 pounds. I put a coat of oil base red on it and looks great.:)

4. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    great job! i always look for aquriums because first i always use them second you can normaly buy them for cheap and put an add in a local community paper for free and sell them for twice as much as you payed. to bad theres never alot of catfishing stuff. always alot of bass but bass stuff isnt to bad for catfishing so i normaly pick it up to.

5. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I love yard sale's. I always keep my eye out for a good deal on a fishing rod and reel. So far have gotten some great deal's too.:)

6. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    I've found a few abu's cheap.

7. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
  8. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    I have been collecting toy diecast cars for years any time i seen a yard sell i have to pull over if i see kid stuff out

9. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    I never do any good at yard sales but my stepdad is always bringing over stuff hes bought. Got a Flambeua and Plano tackle box for 5bucks each. They still had the stickers in them and looked to be brand new.

10. Nobody Special

State:
    TN
    I think my best ever yard sale find was when I opened a camera bag that had $5.00 marked on it and there was a Canon SLR camera with two big telephoto lens. I put it on ebay and it brought $115.00.

It's kind of hard to find any good stuff any more due to ebay. They put their good stuff on ebay instead of in their yard sales.

11. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i am worse than a woman when it comes to yard sales.

12. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Grumpy, you get out toward Waverly and all the really rural areas and you can still find lot's of good stuff. But you are right about ebay. Between that and the dealers getting out at first light it can be tough in or around the bigger cities. And in this part of the country all the yard sales are Friday and Saturdays. I work Fridays so I miss out on a lot of good stuff. As far as fishing equipment goes, I've done very well at the 127 yard sale. Bought a couple of really good hunting knives there for 12 bucks one time. Found the same ones on ebay for more than 100 bucks each. That was a good day.

13. Nobody Special

State:
    TN
    We used to find some good stuff down around Tennessee Ridge and Erin. They had a community yard sale in Trenton Kentucky last year that was a really good one. I've got to find out if they are going to have another one this year.

They are having the 2nd. annual Spring Yard Sale at Hopkinsville, Ky on 4/29 at the convention center at the Wastern Ky. State fairgrounds. 6:00am to 1:00pm.

14. redneckdrum

redneckdrum New Member

State:
    kansas
    Last year,I bought a box of vintage Zebco 33's & 404's from the 1960's.These oldies will crank-in bigger cat's than what the newer one's will.

15. HARVRAD2003

HARVRAD2003 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    I love yard sales, last year I went out almost every Saturday, since I worked Fridays. I love finding deals no matter what it may be. I was looking for aquarium setups last year for my kids and anything that I found valuable. My wife everytime I brought home something said that she and the kids would have to move out to make room for all the stuff, we live in an apartment.

16. bigfish

bigfish New Member

State:
    Dunbar WV.
    you are right grumpy, yard sales arent what they used to be, but sometimes you can still find some sweet deals.