Yard Sales Confessions

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Mickey, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I recently read some articles on yard sale fanatics. Items you just have to have but really don't have a need or place for it. I also read an article that suggested we spend our gov. rebate checks on the only thing that is usa. Yard Sales. Lets hear some of your stories.

2. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    i like the yard sales i get all my fishing coolers that way ,bought a good 6 man tent for 5 bucks.good way to buy fishing lead and other things . keep our money at home.

3. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I like going to auctions. Garage Sales never really thrilled me.

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I hit yard sales now and again for towels. Get em dirt cheap and cut em up for the boat.:wink:

5. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Now you gone and done it.....Gave me an excuse to go to garage sales!:eek:oooh:

6. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I must admit i'm a yard sale junkie. Mainly lookin for tools and fishin/huntin gear. I learned not to take my wife, she buys all that crap women want and never use. I got a -40 Keltie sleepin bag last year for $12. Bella Vista Ar. is the land of the rich and wasteful. Granny get a lil ticked off at gramps and the next time he hangs out at the 19th hole while playin golf, his tackle goes on display.:wink:

7. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    My wife is the yard sale fanatic in our house. I usually go along for the ride. Funny thing is, I'm the one who usually ends up buyin something. Whats up with that?

8. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    It' the closest thing to a real life horror film round here. Like Zombies, wondering in the street with hands full of nickels, LOL. Scary. They'll park right in the middle of the street and leave the motor running......

9. craddock1

craddock1 Active Member

State:
    TENNESSEE
    I am nuts for yard sales.Paid for kids college buying at your yard sale then selling it at mine for a profit. I have at least a pick up load of name brand tools I bought for nickles and dimes and couldn't part with them. 100s of rods and reels I might need but seldom use while jug fishing. not more than 5 bucks in any of them and most 1 buck each.

10. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I love it, total disregard for the neighbors yard, flowers etc. Spot a bargin, slamm er in park and make a mad dash for it. I been known to elbow a mee-maw that was blockin my view.:smile2:

11. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Bootshowl is right. They get crazy here in Indiana. You know it's really yard sale season when you see a carload of old ladies drive by real slow--- they're casing your house. If you catch their eye they'll stop it right there in the middle of the road, pile out and ran-sack the place for bargains. If you don't have what their looking for they'll move on to the neighbors. You don't mess around with that kind of determination, someone could get hurt. Scary stuff.

Speaking of old ladies- a radio show aired this sound byte of some guy leaving a voicemail. While he was on the phone, someone rana red light and hit a carload of old ladies. The women all piled out and proceeded to beat the tar out of him. Listen. It's hilarious.
    http://www.chumfm.com/MorningShow/bits/march24.swf

12. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    You don't say...I bet we get to attend quite a few together this summer, what you bet? :smile2::smile2:

BTW I love yard sales! gotten some really nice cooking items ( I guess that's why CHart says that *I* never use, he claims I never cook but don't you believe it! Really I have found some real bargains at yard sales, and do have to remind myself sometimes that a bargain is not a bargain unless you use it.:tounge_out:

and you better not be mean to the meemaws while I'm around either...hmphhhhhh!

13. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks Ben for the radio sound bite. That was hilarious. Never interfere with yard sale ladies on the prowl.