yard sale or auction

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by smokey, Sep 24, 2009.

1. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Whats the most unique thing you have picked up at a yard sale, or auction? I bought a five layer tackle box full of bass and pike gear at a DEA auction, for 12 bucks.
    smokey

2. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Never been to an auction, but at the yard sales ive been to they didnt have fish equip. for sale..:embarassed: I use my pa's old 5000s from Sweden though!! :smile2::wink:

3. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    picked up 2 ugly stick rods and they had zebco 33 reels for 10 bucks , the reels well they are back up reels for me the 2 ugly stick rods i figure are worth 10 bucks

4. restorerancientiron

restorerancientiron New Member

State:
    Cadiz, KY
    The best bargain I found was on a local christian radio auction.They have it every year to help pay for the airtime.Someone donated an old winchester model 70 in .270 caliber.I bought it for 250.00 without even looking at it.It turned out to be a original pre 64 made in 1959 with the unaltered stock.

5. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    When I was a kid, my dad picked up a broken wwII bazooka at the flea market. Boy did I have fun with that:smile2:

6. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I picked up a 200 CD player for $30 at a yard sale. Now I got to get more cd's...:smile2:

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    My wife picks out the item, I pick up the BILL.

8. JoeDaCatKing

JoeDaCatKing New Member

State:
    PA
    From auctions I have bought tons of tools and my best yard sale pickup was a 30lb thrust trolling motor for 10bucks

9. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Man auctions are right up my alley , I go to 3 a week sometimes 5 . The best deal I have got an an auction was a 11 room house , on 3 lots with a detatched garage for 40,000 .

If you want to know more about auctions in your area check out auctionzip its pretty neat , a good auction will post pictures so you can look before driving ..

10. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Lol went one time an was looking around. found a real nice coat for 2 bucks so I bought it. Got it home an one night put it on to wear an low an behold inside a pocket was a wallet with cash in it.

11. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Besides the loads of name brand clothes i tend to buy at the re-sale shops giggles! HHHMMM
    Guess the best buy I have gotten was ray a Penn 209 level wind fishing reel. I mean didn't even ever think it was in near perfect shape....But when I got it in it was near mint! I paid a huge 21.03 with shipping for it!

12. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Funny,I have never bought anything from either,I had a chance to go to an estate auction when I was 18,there was a 29 model T ford truck I wanted,I told my dad ,it'll go high . Well I didnt go and found out later it went for 50.00 and the guy drove it HOME