Yankees

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by jerseycat9, May 20, 2006.

1. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    im a yankees fan from jersey and was just wanderin about peoples thoughts about them from around the U.S. and beyond

2. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    well,the Yanks are the Yanks,either love them or hate them.

3. LarryS

LarryS New Member

State:
    Clinton,Il
    Well i am an Orioles fan from Baltimore, so you already know how i feel about them.But i will be the first to admit, d@mn it seems you guy's field a World Series team every year.

4. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    i lovem but it still aint fair to have almost double your next closest team in payroll but then again we havent one since we started this spending spree

5. PACAF

PACAF New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Wow, there is a baseball team called "Yankees"?
    Shucks, say Yankees down here in the south and we don't think about baseball at all! LOL
    Not too many "Yankee" fans south of the Mason/Dixon line. LMAO

Tight lines to all.

6. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    now were gettin somewhere thats the kind of answer i was lookin for

7. LarryS

LarryS New Member

State:
    Clinton,Il
    Yankees,heck thats why i moved from Florida to Clinton IL. Well that and everyone speaks English up here.

8. PACAF

PACAF New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    English, yes, perhaps, but try getting directions up there.
    Go 2/10 mile and turn left next to Kroger, then 1/2 mile turn left then 2 miles.........
    Shucks the odometer hadn't worked on this old truck since two owners ago. Now tell me to go down younder and turn left on the old gravel road, follow that a right fur piece to the old hickory stump on the right, turn there and go just a short spell till ya see the old Johnson's pond on the right. Turn down that pasture and just up over the hill is the big pond where all those big cats are.
    Now those are much easier directions and ya don't have to have an odometer that works.
    LOL

9. youngcatfisherman55

youngcatfisherman55 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Braves Fan All The Way!!!!!

10. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Just can't be a Yankee fan after the way the burned and pillaged in Georgia. Nope, Yankee, Go HOme.

11. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Yankees 1 and a half behind Boston and 3 behind Chicago for the wild card. I HATE THE YANKEES.

12. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    thats the baseball spirit

13. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    hmmmmm Yankees, sorry bro but, GO CUBS!

14. Mr. Whiskers

Mr. Whiskers New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Being a life long Sox fan, I do loathe the Yankees. But on the flip side. I'm glad they're there. I love the rivalry and everything it entails. If the Yankees weren't around watching the Sox win would be just ho hum.

I guess you could say I respect them for the great team that they are, but they're my favorite team to hate!

15. back channel

back channel Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I do not hate the yanks or really like them. I do dislike the owner and a few players. A lot of the people don't like them because they have like a payroll over 200 million and people say thats destroying the game, not giving a chance to the smaller market team. But I know I would not turn down multi millions from the yankees that no other team would offer.

16. Derick

Derick New Member

State:
    Kalamazoo, Michigan
    ugh, the yankees. i'm i detroit tigers fan, atlanta braves in the n.l. used to be a big jeff weaver fan, until he got traded to the yankees, then i was a sheffield fan, till he got traded to the yankees. so, everyday the yankees lose is a good day for me, unfortunately i live in kalamazoo, where jeter went to high school, so, to respond to your question, kalamazoo loves the yankees, and i hate kalamazoo!

17. coalminer78

coalminer78 New Member

State:
    Lincoln, IL
    Yankees Suck Go Red Sox

18. sassyfish

sassyfish New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I'm from Indiana and I love the Yankees. Especially A Rod. and Jeter. What a class team!:smile2: