Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

yamaha or suzuki 225

• yamaha 225

• suzuki 225

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
7,495 Posts
You might need to verify this but I believe the Suzuki has a way longer warranty and they are great motors. They are also a lot lighter than the Yamahas in the same hp as far as I know and cheaper....win, win.

Both are good, solid, dependable motors.

· Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it is lighter by about 13 pounds has a 60 degree block verses a 55 degree in the yamaha
the zuki has i higher gear ratio than yamaha . and the hp in the zuki is all because of the computor . zuki has an 8.5 qt oil cap just thinking oh yes zuki has a 54 amp alt , yamaha has a 45amp

· Registered
4,103 Posts
mercury is good if you like flash and show
johnson/evinrude are workhorses
yamaha is for speed and play
suzuki is for economy and to keep a tab going at the repair shop
chryslers don't even make the list

If it was me I would go for a evinrude V-tech in the big boy size, but you only listed two so out of them I think you would be happier with the yamaha.

· Registered
855 Posts
Derric I had a Suzuki 175 that was a really good motor for me. I ran it really hard for several years before I sold it with no problems. I now have the first Yamaha I have ever owned in a 150. So far it seems to be a great motor also, I need to run it a few more years before I decide for sure. I have had great luck with Mercury, Suzuki, Johnson and even an old Chrysler. The worst motor I have ever owned was a Johnson that lived in the shop, I think they are all good motors but you can get a lemon in any of them. Friend of mine has an ETec that he has had nothing but problems with, could be an isolated incident I dont know.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.