Yall ain't gona believe this!!!!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by gooboy, Aug 14, 2008.

1. gooboy

gooboy New Member

State:
    Minden,La.
    Here I am 53 miles off the coast of Cuidad del Carmen, Mexico in the Southern Bay of Campeche on a jack-up drilling rig. 9 Americans and 82 Mexicans onboard. 4 mechanics showed up today from Vicksburg Marine in Vicksburg, Mississippi. One of them happened to be Morgan Spivey aka:nightowl a BOC brethern..........small, small world we live in!!!!!:big_smile:

2. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    lol,thats pretty cool

3. germanmudfish

germanmudfish New Member

State:
    Gray, GA
    a small world indeed. Getting any fishing done, or all work?

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    It is amazing how small the world is............................or how big the Brotherhood has become! I hope that you all get some fishing in. Should be able to catch something bigger than a catfish out there!

5. OhioRiverCatfisher

OhioRiverCatfisher New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I wonder what the odds on that were. On a drilling rig...Glad to hear you guys met...

6. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    I think Shane hit it right on this one...the BOC has reached a membership level that is large enough that you just might encounter a fellow member just about anywhere.

Now, if you meet a BOC brother on Wall Street, you can really feel special! :eek:oooh:

7. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Now that's neat!

Sometimes it does sound like a small world.

8. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    It is a small world sometimes!

9. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Wow. I know its a small world but the BOC rules all the lands.

10. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Eric thanks for sharing a neat story. Now you have a BOC brother on the rig and let the catfishing began.

11. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Looks like you got someone to talk cattin with. Good deal:wink:. Stay safe out there.

12. gooboy

gooboy New Member

State:
    Minden,La.
    Yeah, I thought it was pretty neat too!!! Unfortunately we didn't get to visit but a minute. We were both busy and then they transfered him to another rig. Just goes to show ya, ya never know who your gona meet!

And NO FISHING in Mexico!:sad2: Spent 7 years in the north gulf fishing on rigs just about every day, but that ended a few years ago when I transfered to the Mexican division.

13. BigOBear

BigOBear New Member

State:
    TX
    Wow very nice :) I have to admit that since I've joined, when I pass a boat obviously rigged for cattin being pulled down the highway, I slow down a little and take a longer look in the window to see if I recognize an avatar....... :tounge_out: Don't know what I'd do if I did recognize someone... guess just grin and wave real big. Then the next time I checked the board I'd probably see a post where someone had some big hairy redneck road maniac grinning and waving at them....... :p