Yahoooo!!! ALASKA BOUND Soon

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by akwolf41, Feb 24, 2009.

1. akwolf41

akwolf41 Master Instigator of the BOC!

State:
    Kenai, Ala
    Well Gang:

As of Today we have sold our Mobile Home. What a Birthday Present. It will Close on the 5th of March and I have to be out on the 7th of March. So It looks like I have gotta get things all Packed up and Ready to Loadup on the 6th and Then we are off to Alaska. We already have a house rented up there and we will start North on the 6th or 7th of March and spend a few days at my sisters in ST Joseph, MO and then head for the Alcan Highway.

I have made Three trips up it, so this will be my Fourth. It's a long ride from here, right at 4350 Miles. We Plan on being up there around the 20th of March, give or take a couple of days. Then our Dream will come true. WE have both been wanting to go back to a Place we Love and it's finally Gonna happen. We have missed Alaska since we moved down from there in 2003 and figured we probably would not get to go back. We are both Grinnin Ear to Ear.

I will be of the computer from about the 5th til the end of the month. But Fear not, The BOC is a place that I will be on and read and do some posting about every day when I get back online. I have Loved the BOC since I joined in 2003 and will not turn my Back on it as I have so many Good Friend here.

I will Stay in Touch:

Gene

2. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    Glad to hear things are working out for you and you and the wife are so happy about this move. Please be careful in your travels and know you are in our hearts and on our minds as you make the journey. You are a great member to have here on the BOC and I am tickled to death to say I got to meet you at the gathering and learn from you in person. You have a wealth of knowledge that we just can't do without.

Get back to posting soon, you will be missed while you are "out of pocket".

3. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Good luck Gene! Have a safe trip, and enjoy the ride. Get back to us as soon as ya can and let us know ya made it up there safe.

4. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Good Luck to ya in The Last Frontier Gene, I'm jealous, I sure miss that place. Where are you going to be living when you get there?

5. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Was wondering the other day about you and if you had made it back home yet. Sounds as if your getting closer to heading that way. You have e a safe trip and will be looking for your first post after you get back home.Gonna miss you at the Mo. Gathering.However you'll be there in all our hearts I'm sure.Know you will be in mine.God Bless and have a safe trip home.

6. akwolf41

State:
    Kenai, Ala
    Mike;

We are moving to a House up the North Road from Kenai. It about 10 miles north out in the
    country . It about a 1/2 mile from where we used to live up there, it about 3/4 of a mile from
    the Cook Inlet.

Gene

7. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Good Luck Gene I know you are happy to be heading home hope you will keep the lower 48 in your mind and stay in touch

8. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    hey you aint gonna come back to pickwick no more

9. akwolf41

State:
    Kenai, Ala
    Here is a Pick of where we will live. we live on a Dead end road, sorounded with Fir Timber.

Attached Files:

10. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    looks good hope you have a great time .i wonder how many catters in alaska

11. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Gene, Iam so happy you are getting to live your dream.Be safe, be warm, and be happy.
    smokey

12. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    OK Mr. Gene, have a safe trip HOME!

got an extra room for 1 and a dog :wink: :smile2: I'm ready myself........... Safe travles.....

13. akwolf41

State:
    Kenai, Ala
    Richard, I know that there will be one up there as it will be ME. The Only Problem being is that there are no Catfish in Alaska.

Gene

14. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    what the heck ill find some for you

15. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Hope the trip goes well, enjoy your stay. No place like home,

16. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    They got them big "flatheads"(halibut) Gene. :wink: A freezer full of halibut, some salmon and clams, throw in some moose meat.... Gene will miss the catfish, but he'll be ok, promise...lol :smile2:

17. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    well your right no catfish but alot of other fish reckon theyll do

18. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Well Best of Luck Gene, look forward to you posting your adventures up there, maybe I'll be doing the same thing one day. I been alot of places in this world, to me Alaska is the best, Enjoy!

19. Ardiva

Ardiva New Member

State:
    Kenai, AK
    Hey guise...happy to be moving back home. Truthfully, I really never wanted to leave AK.

It was nice meeting some of you in a gathering I went to. You sure are nice people.

.....now back to you Akwolf.

20. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Have a very safe and uneventful trip! Take care Gene and know we're thinking about ya!:wink: