yahoo tournament livewell

Discussion in 'Livewell and Bait Tank Review' started by Bill in SC, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    We SC boys utilize any (free) thing necessary to get the job done.

Bill in SC

Attached Files:

2. santeefishhunter

santeefishhunter New Member

State:
    north caro
    Got room for mine Bill? LOL Looking good!

3. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    nice yahoo live well,looks like my yahoo bait tank at home,plug it in an keep bream alive for weeks.

4. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Got that right ; )~

-Jim-

5. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    thanks for the pics bill

6. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    Now that's Big Stuff Yahoo right there!

7. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Actually... it IS my home live bait tank! :wink::smile2: It's over 52 inches long. It has one end with sort of a "step" inside it. If I wished, I could partition off that corner with a piece of plexiglass, and have a live bait/tournament fish tank combo! :eek:oooh: I even left the mildew all over it to add to it's primitive character! Should hold five LARGE fish easily. I rigged up an aeration system for it today also.

Bill in SC

8. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    does the freezer actually work,keep the water cool.i'd have to carry my bait tank and generator,recon my 14 ft. john boat would do it.that would make it a yahoo boat too,i guess.

9. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    that's some high teck redneck engineering Bill! is that chris on your boat wearin' boots?? :amazed:

10. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    LOL! Yes Aaron, Chris has boots on. He welded all day and came here after work to load the tank. Preston, we removed the compressor and all the electric wires to lighten it up. The plastic liner is in excellent condition for now. I bought the old freezer for $7 at the scrap yard. They do make excellent home bait tanks. This summer when the weather was so hot, the water stayed nice and cool inside for the bait. Just close the lid and it's pretty well insulated.

Bill in SC

11. Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Kentucky
    hey! it works! good idea

12. playin4funami

playin4funami New Member

State:
    Saronville Ne.
    whatever works a little redneck engineering never hurt err... rarely hurts anybody!
    What is that frame around and over your boat for? duck hunting blind? or other

13. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    The frame has an insulated metal roof to keep us out of the elements. I have a tarp that I drop down on both sides also. I hope to eventually enclose most of it in with lexan, or some other transparent thick mil plastic. It's always a work in progress with my junk. It's also removable with four screws. It works and it's comfortable, and it makes people say... WT*? :eek:oooh:

BB

14. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Bill that is a serious setup.

Would be cool if you wrapped it also.

15. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Our old yahoo livewell debuted with flying colors. When we released our fish, they were as hardy as they were when caught. I saw numerous fish from "other" livewells float off down the canal. I'm SURE ours "could" hold up to a dozen 36 inch fish if necessary, with NO ill effects. I'll have to give us an A+++ on that addition. :smile2:

Bill in SC

16. SmokinBarrel

SmokinBarrel New Member

State:
    St. Louis, MO
    What kind of aeration did you use? single, double aerators, bubble stones, etc....?

17. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I have a bilge pump lowered into the live well that pumps water through a plastic tube with slots in it, attached to the inside of the well with suction cups, that constantly showers the water in the well. Hope that makes sense. I'm so tired I can barely type today. Had a long, hard day today.

Bill in SC