Yadkin River, York Hill Area??

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by DCcatfisher, Feb 14, 2009.

1. DCcatfisher

DCcatfisher New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Has anyone been fishing on the Yadkin lately, particularly around the York Hill area. We are going to head down there in the morning and give the crappie and catfish a try. If we do any good I will try to get some pics up.

2. DCcatfisher

DCcatfisher New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Heres the catch of the day, we caught around 100 fish and got our limit of 40 fish, all which were over 9" and most were 10" - 11". We caught all of them on minnows fished between 5' and 8' deep. We couldn't come up with any catfish, although we caught enough crappie to make up for it.

Attached Files:

3. afatcat

afatcat New Member

State:
    north carolina
    nice slabs
    you catch them at the power plant?

4. DCcatfisher

DCcatfisher New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    No, the plant wasn't running, we caught them down the river around some of the islands in the potholes. Some also came from just above the landing near the water intake for the city of Spencer. We went back today and caught some more in between snow showers but they weren't biting like they were yesterday. I think we ended up with 13 keepers between 2 people. The cold snap pushed them down deeper and the bite was alot slower. A couple guys I work with were at the lake today and they managed 4 keepers between 3 people.

5. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Excellent catch there man! That'll make a bunch of good fried fish meals:wink:

6. crwcatter

crwcatter Guest

nice crappie.I fish york hill often for crappie and catfish.I usually catch mine just above the ramp where you were talking about.