Yadkin river/upper High Rock 6-01-07

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by McDreamy, Jun 2, 2007.

1. McDreamy

McDreamy New Member

State:
    nc
    went fishing in the same spot i have been fishing last night and caught 18 channels ranging from 10lbs down to 2 lbs and 1 10lb blue every thing caught on either live bream or cut bream. hooked in to a couple of fish i couldnt stop or slow down until they got me tangled up in the trees would have went after them but figure out the easiest way to stabilize a boat which is get it stuck had 6 hrs till i could get a pull off the mud. so i waited all fish where caught between 6:30-9:30

2. riddleofsteel

riddleofsteel New Member

State:
    NC
    What kind of boat you using?

I read your original post wanting a fishing partner. I wanted to go in the worst way but other obligations prevented me from having the time Friday night and I had to be at church Sunday morning.

3. McDreamy

McDreamy New Member

State:
    nc
    i was using a 14 ft bass boat ill probable be going againin about 2 weeks

4. JohnnyBuck

JohnnyBuck New Member

State:
    NC
    We fish High Rock nearly every Friday night (Abbotts Creek) do you put in on the lake or on the river ? If you don't mind me asking.

Just trying to learn a little more about the lake/ river connection

Thanks

5. McDreamy

McDreamy New Member

State:
    nc
    i put in at york hill access and run down river towards swearig creek and i fish inbetween potts creek and abbotts creek its just closer for me to go that way and i can make it to my hole in 20 minsgoing from york hill instead of having to run for a hr from tamarac.

some people say high rock starts at crane creek others say it rus up to potts creek and still others say it runs up to york hill its really hard to say. if ur are fishing in a tourny it would be best toget them to clarify it. or u may get disqualified like i did duringa bass tournya good while back