Yadkin river in North Carolina

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by miichael, May 11, 2006.

1. miichael

miichael New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Anyone ever fished the yadkin river above high rock off 801 for cats? heard it was a decent river but i was wondering if i would be safe with my boat. Said accessible by small boat but i was wondering if my 16ft fiberglass with 70hp would be OK putting in at the 801 landing.

2. McDreamy

McDreamy New Member

State:
    nc
    right now u could but u got to be very careful alot of trees and other brush in the water up thereif u do u might want to hook a few long sticks down in the water attached to ur boatby bungee cordsif the move throw the boat in reverse. i know there is a few spots around there if u run ur boat up on it u probable wont be getting it back out

3. miichael

miichael New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    is it good catfishing? how deep is the water up there at 801? is there a better place to put in between 801 to the mouth of high rock? iv heard something about york hill access but i dont know where it is.

4. CATCHUP

CATCHUP New Member

State:
    north carolina
    there is a good access on 29 a in spencer right beside i85 with some good 20ft holes full of cats

5. Ghoulscout 13

Ghoulscout 13 New Member

State:
    North carolina
    i Fish off that boat landing all the time, but i still dont have a boat so im stuck on shore.