Yadkin-chain flathead catfish

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by jfwillia1998, Feb 27, 2007.

1. jfwillia1998

jfwillia1998 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Hey everyone,

I wanted to see if some of you who are successful flathead fisherman on Badin or Tillery would mind sharing some general knowledge. I'll throw out the disclaimer - I'm not looking for anyone's honey holes. I haven't targeted flatheads before, and have found limited information in books, and on the web. I know that experience is the best teacher, but I was hoping to get a kick start. Better times of day, types of cover/structure, types/size of baits, deep, shallow, etc.? Any info is very much appreciated.

Thanks,
    John

2. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    john i sent you a pm on what little i know. main thing to me is knowing the seasonal movement patterns of the flathead. spring- up river once water temps hit 50. fall fish deep water structure and try to stay in the main channel in the fall. if you miss the fall bite in my opinion you missed the best bite of the year.

3. riddleofsteel

riddleofsteel New Member

State:
    NC
    I would like the same information. My son and I are going to start fishing the Yadkin lakes this year for the first time.

Thanks

4. miichael

miichael New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    if your after Flatheads i suggest fishing high rock lake. its full of big flatties!