Ya ever have a funky day?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by postbeetle, Feb 26, 2008.

1. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I am in a funk today. One of those blah days. It is a BLUE funk. Ya know one of those days ya just have the BLUES. It is actually kind of a BLACK BLUE funk.

One of those days that makes ya look like someone worked you over in the bar last night. A kind of BLACK and BLUE funk day. Sun glasses and an optometrist at Wal-Mart can't solve the BLUE funk I am in.

True we had another 6 inches of snow last night. But I don't think that is why I am in a BLUE FUNK. The sun is shining now, must be because I am close to being out of beer that I am in a BLACK, BLUE, DARK kinda FUNK.

Can't quite put my stubby finger on it yet but it will come to me.

I personally like the colors of petunias. Bright, shiny and springy. I don't think I have ever seen a BLACK and BLUE petunia.

If I could see this screen I am sure my BLUE funk would disappear.

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    the only times things get funky, is when i miss a shower or two!:roll_eyes: rollo

3. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    BLUE on BLACK. its a song, but i cant remember who plays it. i like BLUE cats. i like BLACK eyed peas. but, i dont like not having the option to see all the new posts, reguardless of color.

4. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Oh....now im following ya! Im a bit slow here today...:roll_eyes:.

5. anchorpuller

anchorpuller New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Maybe we should set up a poll. What color is your favorite funk?
    Think Paul would see it? or care?

6. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    i would prolly say green. green is the color of my second favorite thing. money. pink is the color of my most favorite thing, but it wouldnt look right on a cafishing board. or would it?

7. razorback

razorback New Member

State:
    Camp Lejeune, N.C.
    perhaps rose colored glasses might help..or looking at the world through the bottom of your glass?..(beer glass that is!)..cheers:big_smile_2:

8. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Kenny Wayne Shepherd...if you were wondering.:wink:

John, I don't know what color my funk is, but it surely won't wear off until the rivers and lakes thaw out, and I can go outside without a jacket or long sleeved shirt. Could be a vitamin D deficiency from lack of direct sun light? Just a thought.:sad2:

9. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Brother Dameon you are not slow, we all have to read Sir John's post a couple of times to get the jest of it and sometimes I don't get them at all.

Five, ten or twenty years from now, a newbie on catfish1 is going to read one of Sir John's threads and wonder out loud, what the crap is this old codger talking about.

Sir John, you had snow last night and in the Piedmont NC we had thunder storms and rain this morning. There is an old saying in these parts that if you have thunder in the winter, you will have snow within ten days.

Also, in the South, we have blue/black, blue/white, purple/white and a mixture of all in our pansies, sorry you are limited in your choice in the Midwest. Black on grey/blue, like the entry form I am typing on would be hard to find.

10. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Pink.. what is pink that I like... Hmmmmm.... :smile2:

11. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    I'd like to know how to remove the triangle exclamation point symbol from my posts............ :crazy:

12. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Oh... is that what that is... I thought I was bein' mooned...:smile2::smile2:

13. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Funk makes me think of bait. Its to early for bait, cause its to early for cats. To early for cats so its to early for Funk. The circle has been completed. :wink:

14. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
  15. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Funky? Could it be that someone could be in a funk after making an assumption that just isn't true? That's just one of many reasons I could think of for that feeling to overwhelm one.

Cheryl, I looked all over and couldn't find an answer for you. I'll see if any of the other mods have an answer. It could well be that it's one of the things Paul hasn't had a chance to update yet. I'll see what I can find out.

16. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Cheryl:

Who ever starts the thread, and they put it up there it stays with the thread as people post on it. Do you understand what I am saying.

When you start a thread it gives you them options, of the wavy hand or this one and when you click on it it stays there for all posts below.

I hope you get what I am saying but I will talk to Paul about having them removed on answering a thread.

Thanks
    Eric

17. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    You can sure tell, there's no interior decorators in charge:cool2:

18. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    An assumption is a proposition that is taken for granted. I.E. treated for the sake of a given discussion. As if it were known to be true by the author.

Propositions are statements that are either true or false. My proposition is that I was in a funky mood because the BLUE that I see in my mind is abhorrent. Snow is white. Green is green. BLUE is blue. True is true. I uttered no falseness. If I said that BLUE is green and made me in a funky mood then I am not being an honest person. Unless I am from another planet. Perhaps many people wouldn't like the color of my kitchen curtains. But I am not trying to decipher, interpret, or respond, to a screen and format that makes that difficult.

Maybe I should have done the Funky Chicken and ignored why my mood was as it was. Maybe they got a pill for that.

Mr Spock: "When does the logical become the illogical?" "When 17,000 people have access to a computer keyboard John."

19. crazyjet1

crazyjet1 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Only smells funky after being on the river for the weekend with no shower and a cooler full of 500 skippies.

20. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I like funk! Prince is one of the best at it. LOL!