Ya ever fish the Cumberland River in Kentucky

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by snagger93, Jun 18, 2006.

1. snagger93

snagger93 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    any ya'll ever fish cumberland if so would like to here about it I lve about a minute away

2. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Ive fished Cumberland once before and I loved it, I caught about 60 blue gill, 2 14 inch bass and a couple nice cats. I was hooked for life I was just a kid and ive bene planning on taking me a trip back up there sometimes.

3. snagger93

snagger93 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    what part of cumberland I live in corbin not over a minute away

4. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    I fish it some below barkley and it is decent at best. The fishing is spotty. You just can't beat the Ohio.

5. KyRiverCats

KyRiverCats New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I used to live on the South Fork of the Cumberland, LESS THAN A MINUTE AWAY. We caught Bass, Catfish, Walleye, Sauger, Drum, Bluegill, Sucker, Carp, Buffalo and always did well everytime we fished and our back yard backed up to the river. The fishing did have some bad times though when heavy rains would wash sulfur from slate dumps into the river and kill fish. The part of the river that Slimcat fishes in Western Kentucky is so different to the part of the Cumberland in Eastern Kentucky that it might as well be a different river.

6. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    idk about the catfishing there but everything else i've heard about it is ok...maybe one day if someone can get me away from the ohio or licking rivers.

7. TNBigCat

TNBigCat New Member

State:
    TN
    If you go to the State of Tenneessee link and check out some of the info there, it should help you out alot. There are plenty of places to fish, catch bait, and put your boat in. Its probably one of the better places to go catfishing. Nick