x107 settings

Discussion in 'Fish Finder Review and Study' started by gearhead, Oct 3, 2006.

1. gearhead

gearhead New Member

State:
    China Grove, NC
    I just bought this unit and i was wondering if you guys that have the x107 could kind of give me a blue print of your % adjustments on sensitivety and ping speed and chart or any thing to get me started in the right direction thanks kind of having a hard time.

2. Doctor

Doctor Member

State:
    Springfield, Ohio
    This should get you in the ballpark, it's from my website

1. Turn off the Auto sensitivity

2. I run sensitivity at about 85%

3. I run the depth in manual mode and because I target Catfish I will create a window from about 10 foot below the surface to the bottom, it gives me greater detail and better separation of my targets.

4. Colorline I push till I get about a 1/2 inch thick of yellow when I'm in white background mode on the bottom

5. Ping and chart speed are set to 100%

Doc

3. gearhead

gearhead New Member

State:
    China Grove, NC
    thanks doctor i wrote it down and i will set it like that this weekend, going to badin lake saturday night.

4. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Jermeny, I run mine with very much the same settings as Tim does. Sometimes I may have to adjust slightly depending on water conditions.
    Have you had a chance to test out the unit?

5. gearhead

gearhead New Member

State:
    China Grove, NC
    Tommy i have tried the unit a few times i have the chart and ping speed set at 100% but i turned the sensitivity down to 50% i think there was just to much clutter at 85% for me i think. I looked at some of your pictures that you posted and mine looks close to yours . My problem is catching fish i dont know how big the fish i see on the unit really are i could be after minnows or smaller i havent caught a catfish since i bought it. did i mention im new to fishing lakes and boating alltogather i have been a farm pond jumper my whole life.I would love to see more pictures of fish that you caught and that you see on your unit so i could have some sort of reference of size at certain depths . thanks

6. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Hehe, that's why most people call 'em fish 'finders' instead of fish 'catchers'. :lol:
    I use mine primarily to find structure and baitfish, then the predator fish will be nearby. Still doesn't guarantee a bite, though. Lots of times I'm marking what is sure to be catfish, but can't get them to bite. As for size, you'll find with experience that a small baitfish such as bream or perch will make a very small mark on the screen, not even an arch, necessarily. If the arches are easily seen, then the fish is likely a keeper, in my experience. It just takes time and using your unit to become familiar with it. I am not using my 107 right now. I just purchased an lms-337cdf, gps combo, but the sonar is exactly like the 107. I may end up selling the x-107 (bought earlier this summer) after I use the 337 for a while.
    If you haven't seen it, here is a link to an excellent tutorial for interpreting what you see on the screen:
    http://www.hightechfishing.com/other/Lowrance_Tutorial.pdf
    Hope it helps. :smile2: