Wyomissing/Reading Area Catfishing??

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by alpal16, Mar 26, 2009.

1. alpal16

alpal16 New Member

State:
    Philly, PA
    Hey Guys...

There is a good possibility that I will be living in the Wyomissing area for 8 weeks this summer (June-Aug) and I was wondering what the catfishing is like in the area---interested mostly in flatheads. It is not set yet (school related, so it might fall through), but I wanted to get an idea of the area ahead of time.

Any brothers up there want to go fishin'? :cool2::cool2:

2. finster31

finster31 New Member

State:
    Mohnton Pa
    I haven't heard anything about flatts in the reading area, but i'm suer that there is a few up here though. I have called all the bait shops in the area and asked them if they know, but they don't have any answers. I haven't really heard of anybody fishing for them up in the reading are either, so lets just say they could or could not be here. I just don't know. Time on the water will tell.

3. FTL6

FTL6 New Member

State:
    Reading,Pa.
    There are some flats in Blue marsh and very few in the river in this area. If you come here, e-mail me and maybe we can get together and I can put you on are not so big cats here.

4. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    Alex you'd be better off driving back down to your spots on the weekends or days off to get good cat action although a town called Monocacy there was a confirmed flat catch in 04 according to Game commission but there are flats in Blue Marsh you don't hear about anyone catching any:confused2:

5. ssskinner27

ssskinner27 New Member

State:
    pennsylvania
    I dont know about that area but good luck finding them. I wish the PFBC would shock the water in more areas and confirm the average fish size more often in more places

6. readingcatfisher

State:
    Berks coun
    I wish they would test the Skuke from Tulpohocken creek up and the creek up to the stilling basin I bet theres flats in there

7. Bassmaster23

Bassmaster23 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Wymossing there is nothing around but outskirts of reading like bluemarsh, outlaunee <--- cant spell it haha, schuylkill river, s ome parts of the little schuylkill are all good fishing places..

8. readingcatfisher

State:
    Berks coun
    There's a decent option Alex Blue Marsh check the thread and look at the 13pound channel I got out of there:wink: