Wylie this afternoon!

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Mongo77, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Mongo77

Mongo77 New Member

State:
    Henrietta,NC
    Me and a buddy hitting Wylie late this afternoon or this evening,putting in at south point,hope to get in 'em tonight,any suggestions or prayers would be helpfull...:big_smile:

2. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Mongo hope you an your buddy have a good an safe outing today

3. squinn

squinn New Member

State:
    NC
    Mongo77
    We are also fishing wylie this even and putting in at south point landing. I am going to try the south fork river hope with this rain the water will have a good current and big cats will be feeding. I have a 19ft metal boat flat bottom hope to see you on the water good luck!

4. tha ''GUTBUCKET''

tha ''GUTBUCKET'' New Member

State:
    GASTONIA,NC WYLIE
    TRY DRIFTING THE TOP LEDGES OF MAIN RIVER CHANNEL @ THE SOUTH POINT AREA WITHIN IN ACOUPLE OF MILES EITHER WAY, BITE WAS GOOD WED. THUR. ON BREAM AND FRESH CUT SHAD. YOU CAN CATCH THE SHAD STRAIGHT ACCROSS IN THE COVE FROM BOAT LANDIND, WITHERS COVE, GO ALL THE WAY BACK PAST THE BRIDGE. I DO BETTER WHEN I CUT THE SHAD IN HALF, WATER WAS @ 82 -84 IN THE 15' - 20 ' RANGE, IF YOU DON'T HAVE MUCH LUCK TRY GOING OFF DOWN THE LEDGES A LITTLE DEEPER TIL YOU FIND THE DEPTH. DRIFT ALONG THE CHANNEL, NOT UP AND DOWN IT..........HOPE THIS WILL GET YOU STARTED IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION

5. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Southfork might be pretty dirty with this rain. The other day going over the bridge on 85 it was real muddy up there and they probally let some water loose. Id do like "GUTBUCKET" said and fish the mani channel ledges. Look for areas that have a shallow flat and a steep ledge to deep water. Try both sides till you find the one holding fish.

Good luck....

6. Mongo77

Mongo77 New Member

State:
    Henrietta,NC
    Hey bud,i got 19' burgundy and white Sunbird with walk through windshield,im 6'3" and my buddy is 6'6",if you see us just holler "Mongo"well check ya guys out

7. shane12970

shane12970 New Member

State:
    , North Carolin
    he forgot to add he weighed about 400lbs..lmao...

8. Mongo77

Mongo77 New Member

State:
    Henrietta,NC
    Always a smart butt in the group!!

9. shane12970

shane12970 New Member

State:
    , North Carolin
    wasnt being smart butt .. just stating you had big BUTT err BOAT i meant boat i swear cuz....