Wylie report 2.20.09

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by wylie catter, Feb 20, 2009.

1. wylie catter

wylie catter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    The wind was cold and unprecdictable all day. All we have to show for it is badly chapped skin. We fished about 6 hours from crowders creek up to the sand bar. Mostly drifting because we couldn't get out of the wind enough to anchor good. Marked no fish or bait in any cove I checked. In crowders creek the bait was piled up thick under the power lines about 25' deep but no bites. The bait balls wouldn't stay put long enough to get a drift through them like I wanted too. I also marked bait in the main channel near the power lines below the sand bar. Marked big fish around them also. No bites. These fish were all on the bottom in 40'. The water was clear an 48 degrees everywhere we went.

2. Buckedup

Buckedup New Member

State:
    NC
    Thanks for the report was going to try to go out tomorrow and fish up above Buster Boyd. Probably wont get out till after lunch.

3. wylie catter

wylie catter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I think those deep fish in the main channel would bite if you have what they want. Todays froze shad wasn't cuttin it. The bait and fish I marked were between terrys marina and the power lines. In the deepest part. And I zig zagged all over that part of the lake before I found them. Hope that might help ya out. The weathers gonna be better tommorrow. Good luck.

Let us know how ya do.

4. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Great report, Terry! I hope my frozen shad works better tomorrow! :crazy:

BB in SC

5. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    It was a windy day out there today. Luckily it warmed up a good bit with the clear skys, but the winds kept it chilly.

They don't bite all the time, but keep at it and you will have your day. :wink: