wylie report - 18 Channel Catfish Caught

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by bowler man, Apr 15, 2009.

1. bowler man

bowler man Active Member

State:
    nc
    went to do a little perch jerking , perch bite was bad and so was the wind so at 4:30 decided to try to catch a cat or two drifting. i started in 15' of water in allison creek , not a bite :sad2:then i went to the deep water 25' plus and had several doubles and a triple:confused2:, at one dropoff i had either caught or missed a fish on every rod and had none in the water:crazy: all channells , all were 3lb up biggest 7.5 lb , most were in the 5lb range , final tally 18 cats and i was at the ramp at 7:00 not bad for 2 1/2 hours when you wasn't even planning on cattin to start with :smile2: bait of choice cut yellow perch and bluegill, no shad, the biggest came off a yellow perch head.

2. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    Were you trying out Jake's premise that the PM bite is better?

3. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    WTG Jeff:wink:,thats a good haul for that preiod of time,that 7.5 would have got ya big fish Saturday night:smile2:,Glad to hear they are biting good on the Lower end,I may try to go out an evening or two next week

4. CRAPPIEMAN

CRAPPIEMAN New Member

State:
    GASTONIA N
    Good catch Jeff. I hope to get out late saturday or sunday for a while .