wylie 20 june

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by bowler man, Jun 20, 2009.

1. bowler man

bowler man New Member

State:
    nc
    left the landing around 8:00 pm talked to crappieman and his grand kids there they were going out for a nightstalk too!!! went up toward steam plant, alot of current so i decided to go to places i never fished before and target big fish on the main lake humps instead of going up stream. my big fish radar was off :sad2: but my fish radar was red hot caught 30+ blues last night form 3-15lb , the fish are moving alot right now, there were times i would set for 30 min. without a bite then have 6 on at one time :crazy: and not be able to get more than 2 rods back in without a fish and this would go on for about 30 min. then nothing for another 30 min.
    there wasn't much relaxing :big_smile:. i even moved from one spot because as fast as i threw the rod in before i could get any other rods in i had a channell on, i caught 15+ channells in the 1 1/2 range in less than 20 min. but i wanted big fish , i don't keep anything anyway till mama comes down for her yearly freezer filling , she is 70 years old and we will spend everynight on the lake for 2 weeks huntin mr. catfish .
    the blues are staying deep 30+ and the channells were on a main lake hump in 10-30', bait of choice anything that hit the bottom , shad, bream whole or cut , it didn't matter .

2. Cutbait101

Cutbait101 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Thanks for the report.sounds like a good night to me:big_smile:

3. crashman

crashman Guest

Thanks for the report Jeff. I was out there last night to, and talked to Crappieman at the boat ramp too. How did I miss ya man? We did some drifting in 5-15' of water in some creeks and flats and it was really slow, only caught a few small channels. Then we anchored up in about 25' near the steam plant using live bait and caught some 3-5 lb channels. I wish we had just anchored up all night like that, but hindsight is 20/20 huh? Catch ya next time.

4. flatheadsalyer1

flatheadsalyer1 New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    Great catches fellas. I wish I could get on a good channel bite. May have to try Wylie sometime. I have never fished there before. Congrats and Good luck!

Steve

5. tigerman10

tigerman10 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    That sounds like a super good night! I have never been on wylie before, looks like I should take the trip up there.

6. Ernie1

Ernie1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    That is outstanding that your mama can still spend that much time on the water at 70. Good for her!! Thanks for the great report. Sounds like an excelent night.

7. wylie catter

wylie catter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Great reports guys. Makes me want to go fishin.