Wylie 1-17

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by billfish76, Jan 17, 2009.

1. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    At Buster Boyd the water temp was 46.4 so I started up towards the Southfork to find warm water. I found it. In the Hot Hole it was 68 and by the bridge it was around 62. I anchored and caught 6 channels and 1 blue in the few hours I was out. The wind picked up and it felt colder on the run back to the ramp that it did on the way up at 7:30am. All fish were on cut shad and perch.

2. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Glad ya got out and caught some Cary. Thanks for the report:wink:.

3. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    I went to IHOP and ate some breakfast. See you out on the water next week:smile2:

4. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Sometimes you can catch some hawgs in that warmer water - that sounds like a great spot! Glad that you had a good day :smile2:

5. nanny patrol

nanny patrol Member

State:
    SC
    Glad you caught some, it makes the COLD more tollerable when they're biting:wink:

6. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Yeah, and I HOPped from the bed to the sofa about 8:30 where I spent most of the rest of the morning. :wink:

7. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    I Worked 13 hours!:eek:oooh:
    I am glad you had a great day on the water! :wink:
    Thanks for the report.

8. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    There is something about the adventure of experiencing and surviving extreme conditions outdoors that I have always liked.

We hit the water Friday morning and it was 12 degrees. Saturday it was around 14 when I got out. We don't get temperatures like that often here, so experiencing it and fishing it in it was an adventure. I have deer hunted many times in those temperatures and colder, but never fished in it. I guess I can check that experience off the list!!

I will be back out the 23rd eagerly pursuing some big wintertime blues...and hopefully in some warmer weather! :smile2:

9. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    I understand your sentiments...I hope I am getting smarter as time marches on. I too remember the days of needing to prove something to myself. I think today might be a good day to brave the elements--actively bad weather seems to hitch up the feeding bags to the blues. Those dark skies look inviting. That being said, I will wait for your report.:smile2:

10. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    <There is something about the adventure of experiencing and surviving extreme conditions outdoors that I have always liked.>

Yep... That's me. Who knows, we may have to experience these extremes just to survive one day. I want to be prepared with the knowledge of how to do it and survive.

Bill in SC

11. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    Just don't kill yourself practicing surviving!