Wyboo - how do you get to wyboo landing?

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by FLAT, Oct 4, 2007.

1. FLAT

FLAT New Member

State:
    SOUTH CAROLINA
    how do you get to wyboo landing? is the ramp in good shape? is the landing on the lower lake? is the landing on wyboo creek?

2. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Hey Scott there are several landings on Wyboo Creek but the best 1 and probably the only 1 that is still open is the Game Warden Landing (Alex Harvin) across from LILN-8's bait and tackle. Wyboo is on the upper lake(Lake Marion) but it is at the lower portion of the lake. I hope this helps and welcome to the BOC.

3. scwolf

scwolf New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Alex Harvin was still open as of two weeks ago, just stay on the side of the ramp with double lanes. I tried to back down the single lane side and ran out of concrete before I got the trailer in far enough. Had no problems on the other side, obviously there is more concrete on that one. Hopefully it's still in good shape, I will be there launching there tomorrow for the weekend.

4. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Scott, that landing is south of Manning on SC 260. You can get an update on the ramp conditions at www.santeecooper.com; click on the boat landings update on the right side of your screen.

5. scwolf

scwolf New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Alex Harvin is still in decent shape. They have closed one lane, but the other side is ok for now. Main thing right now is not to get in a hurry backing in, pay attention to your trailer while backing it in, because some of these ramps have bad drop offs at the end of the concrete. We launched out of Wyboo this weekend and did not have any problems.