WYANDOTTE LAKE

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by kc river kid, Aug 26, 2008.

1. kc river kid

kc river kid New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    has any one been fishing wyandotte lake??? for catfish

2. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Not lately. Tired of going up there and catching eaters. I never see a channel over 10 lbs. come out of there. I know there is some big flatheads in there, but they close at midnight , so our chance of getting one is slim. :sad2:

3. flat fighter

flat fighter New Member

State:
    kansas
    There was a 32lbs flathead pulled out of there about a week ago they have some pictures of it at als bait

4. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Yeah and thats another thing I dont like about Wy. Co. Lake , everything that is caught outta there gos home with them. Thats why the channels dont have time to get big in there. I bet that flathead went home with someone too. :sad2:

5. KansasKatCatcher

KansasKatCatcher Active Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ka
    i fish there at least once a week for the last 2 years and never have any luck.all i fish for is flatheads there.I tried ALMOST everywhere without even a bite.Anyone know a spot on the lake where a flatheads has been taking out off?

6. catfish9

catfish9 New Member

State:
    kansas
    Mike-I would save your time and get out on the river and get you a hog.I do not fish wyandotte very much but flat fihgter does and he does pretty good,but the pigs are on the missouri and the kansas. If anyone hits any out there let me know

7. flat fighter

flat fighter New Member

State:
    kansas
    Mike fish up front by the ranger shack on the flats the best time to do it is during the all nighter:wink:

8. catfish9

catfish9 New Member

State:
    kansas
    very true,if you want to know about wyandotte flat fighter is the guy to talk to.The all nighter is cool,but packed:big_smile: