Wyaconda State Park

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by MRR, Sep 13, 2009.

1. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Went up to La Grange,Mo. and spent the weekend camping and fishing with Rusty and his better half.They are celebrating their 30th anniversary of wedding bliss tomorrow. Few B.O.C. members showed up Sat evening.Andy and his wife Christine.Catfish Kenny all from Keokuk,Ia..Had nice visit for awhile..Then Kenny and myself and another couple hit the Mississippi.Rusty and Claudia didn't go out till around 7pm or so_Of course they was the only two who caught any fish to speak of.1 channel and 1 Blue.Both weighing in at 8 #
    My most exciting thing was when I slipped off the boat trailer tongue and sort of went swimming at 7 in the morning.
    Great time had by everyone there.Rusty and Claudia is staying till next Sunday. Here is some pictures of the camp site.
    First is Rusty and my boat's .Mine in background. Sec is Andy,Claudia and Kenny,Third is Christine and Rusty.
    Hope I haven't bored you all too much.

Attached Files:

2. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Thanks for sharing John. Glad to see you all had a good time.

Tom

3. medford

medford New Member

State:
    pleasant h
    looks like you all had a great time thanks for sharing also

4. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Big jim aims(oh-no) is rollin in tommorow and I will be camping with him for a couple nights.............MJ(MICHEAL JAKE) is supose to be rollin in too ...oh yeah we aint done ....Gordhawk needs to come down and have a beer to (LOL) Glen I am callin ya in the morning(LOL)Mrr-John great seeing ya again ya still got my bent bucket or did ya leave it to find its way home(LOL)DANG THOUGHT YA WAS STAYIN FER THE WEEK....I barley gotta say hi..
    (LOL) I gotta go back & razz claud she aint woopin rusty like she usualey does(LOL) Hell I will get in the boat with her now sisce she aint berrin her claws(LOL)

5. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    JD you need to cruise down too for a little while,,, I have a few Miller long necks on ice,,, and maybe I will get my boat wet,,,,lol

We can start a caravan after this trip and head to Pickwick,TN,,,,,,thier gathering is next week. lol Kinda like a Fall Vacation. JD,,,you are retired now,,, retired people can goof off.

6. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Yep JD woulnd mind a bit hanging with you to...we could surley find some mischief to get into (LOL)

7. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I aint retired Jim(LOL) but I am a pro at goofin off lets rock & roll (LOL)

8. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Yep Kenny I still got your ole rusty,bent bucket.Nope can't stay for the week.Wish i could have with that bunch showing up.La Grange will never be the same.Didn't know U was coming back Mon {today} or i would of left it with them.I'll get it back to ya somehow.Planning on being there next weekend if everything goes right. How about you.?

9. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.

Kenny you don't need no help getting into mischief. You do a fine job on your own.

10. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Good to see you and Barb also. I came down Monday with the boat, and got reaquainted with Michael Jake. Oh No Jim Ames showed up Monday also, and of course catfish Kenny. Had a poor day of fishing, but it was better than workingLOL. Have Rusty and Claudia tell you about the BBQ place it was wonderful. Later Andy

11. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    Wow what a week. We had friends there all week. We got over there Friday night just before dark and a good friend met us there John Ordike and his wife Lois we had a cold one or two . They left and we put up camp. about dark Friday night John and Barb(MRR and wife) showed up and stayed the weekend with us. we had lots of good bull shooting did a lot of fishing but not much catching. Sat morning.we hit the river. We looked for hours for bait. I finally caught 3 shad and 2 moon eye. Fishing was tough all week. We caught 2-8 pounders and 1 10.5 and a bunch of dinks all week and Clod and I fished hard . they just wasn't there. We fished below Quincy dam 2 nights with John Ordyke and never got a bite John also fished with us several days that week.. Monday Andy fatgirl and MJ got there. we all fished all day with not much to show for it. Andy ,Fatgirl. MJ Clod and I went to Canton Monday night for BBQ It was great. and Thanks again Andy and fiatgirl for picking up the tab. Fatgirl stayed a few days at the camp site with us. We had a good time. Jim (ohno) showed up Monday. When we all got back from fishing him and Catfish Kenny was having a few long necks so I had to be friendly and help them out so it wouldn't get hot on them LOL... Bait never got any easier to find on the river. So with my alternative ways to finding bait worked all week so we did have good bait. Just the fish wouldn't cooperate. Thursday evening I believe, John O and his beautifully wife and to Daughters took us back to Canton for BBQ WOW it was goooooood stuff. Thanks John. MRR and Barb returned Friday evening and set up camp again. The Weather was great all week till Sunday morning and as we started to take up camp it started to rain. so when we got home we got to set the New BIG Tent back up so it wouldn't mildew. I know I forgot a lot of stuff that went on but I tried to get everyone in there. Thanks to everyone for coming and fishing with us. we really enjoyed seeing all of you again... can't wait till next year....I cought the bigest fish this year LOL ........Rusty and Clod...

12. jnordyke

jnordyke Member

State:
    Hannibal, MO
    Ok, first it's Nordyke, not Ordike. :eek:oooh:
    Second, I'm not sure my Long Island flattie wasn't the biggest fish.
    Third, ten seconds after you and Claud packed your tent and left the county the fish started biting and all I had to do was open my live well and the bait jumped in.

13. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    Sorry about that John. I guess I never seen your name in print before. Your flattie don't count because I didn't see it. LOL.. I sure hope you are right about the bait and the bite. Thats how it always happens to me. day late and a dollar short. We will try it again next year.

14. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    sounds like you guys had a good one would have loved to be there but god willing i will see you all in the spring and happy aniversary to ya and the better half Rusty

15. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    Thanks Big D See ya in the spring...

16. jnordyke

jnordyke Member

State:
    Hannibal, MO
    Actually, I don't know about the bait or the bite - all the rain has been south, so river level here is still low low low. We'll do the February all-the-eaters you can catch thing, and if the bite gets hot up there between now and then give me a holler, I can always take a day (or three) for fishing!