WV Members??

Discussion in 'LOCAL WEST VIRGINIA TALK' started by adamnmisty, Aug 11, 2008.

1. adamnmisty

adamnmisty New Member

State:
    WEST VIRGINIA
    i know there is alot of people in wv that are among this brotherhood and every other state you go to, there is a post about this, a post about that. Not here. whats wrong people?? let people know whats going on, where peoples having luck, what baits youve tryed where.. i may be in the wrong for this since im new but, just tryin to get some peoples minds thinking and their fingers typing...

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I don't know what is up with WV, I don't think you all like to give up your secrets!!! I would like to let you know that you all are welcome in the OHIO section (that's what I actually call home) anytime you want! I doubt that I can help you much, but there are some quality catfishermen/women that can really square you away

3. hunterhnc20

hunterhnc20 New Member

State:
    Buffalo, West V
    Hey Adam, your right and Ill try to do my best at posts somethings. I catfish at least 6 times a month and usually know whats going on. I believe they are off nest and are starting to turn back on. The last month has been awful, it would turn someone against catfish because they havent been doing any thing. The last couple of weeks they have turned back on and are feeding. I caught 2 flatheads, 4 channels, had 2 get off and missed 2 this past saturday.

4. BassinWv

BassinWv New Member

State:
    WV
    Yeah i know what you mean, i fish the mon most of the time but i go to the Pa thread cuz there is hardly any in the WV section.

5. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I grew up in Clarksburg made a few posts and comments so I don't bother unless I give a West Fork River report which no one has read anyway . so I 'll keep to myself here in ky. Good luck to all .

6. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    So, which one of you all is the guy I often see just down stream from the Patrick St. Bridge in Charleston??

Green Jon, Bimini top on sunny days.

And one of the fellows at our Charleston store saw someone netting shad at an outflow. Said he had 8 rods and fished just out of the barge channel. That has got to be one of us!!:smile2:

7. Jerry60k

Jerry60k New Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    I dont post much in the summer because it is a busy season for me even if I dont fish.

8. OhioRiverCatfisher

OhioRiverCatfisher New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    This past month when I fished it was not very productive so I have been waiting for the cats to turn on. Planning to go sometime this week or weekend and see if things have changed.

9. UncleGreggie

UncleGreggie New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I'll try to do my part. I'm new so give me time to learn the site a little better.

10. corklabus

corklabus New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I don't get to fish as much as I'd like to (all normal excuses given) but mainly I don't get to go because I can't leave the wife behind because she loves to fish, but is severly disabled with rhumatiod arthritis. Then when we DO get to take the boat out, she's so damn stubborn, all she wants to fish for is a danged old bluegill and offhandedly may catch a red eye or a stray smallmouth. All she thinks of as bait is a nightcrawler, which ain't bad, but I got three dang tackle boxes plumb full of lures and other stuff I never get a chance to use because of catering to her style. Then because of costs, I expect to spend the whole day, where she only wants to spend a couple hours. Makes it sort of difficult.
    My Son does a good bit of catfishing, but somehow I never seem to get invited for that. Probably because he knows I can't trust his mom alone for any length of time. I've caught a few cat fish by pure accident, but never anything worth bragging about.
    As for members posting here.....I've made a few, but was sort of dissappointed by the lack of interest in State members and also there just don't seem to be anyone fishing the area I've been restricted to because of finances.
    I end up being stuck with fishing the area of Hawksnest Lake on New River from the lake to just below the Gorge Bridge and then float back into the lake above the dam. It's an all day float trip and works out pretty nice. There's all kinds of fish available and the graphs on the boat show some seriously big ones down there, but I've yet to tie into anything much over a pound and a half. I've had more luck with a minnow looking lure than worms, but I'm sure given the time and concentration most any bait would work well.
    I originally was extremely skeptical of this are of the river where boats are concerned, but once I decided to give it a try, I found it to be a very pleasant trip. Very little current speed and great scenery. I always strat my back drift from the last whitewater pick-up point, so I never have to contend with any of that.
    No secret to any of that. It's there for all to try.

11. PhattyB

PhattyB New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I'm fairly new here. I registered this account some time ago, read a few things but haven't really had the time to enter many discussions.

I'm in Huntington. I'm new to boating and I just recently bought an 1998 Crestliner 1850 and I hope to fix it up into the best catfish rig in the whole area :smile2:

You'll usually find me on the Ohio anywhere between Portsmouth, Ohio and Point Pleasant, WV. Occasionally I'll roll out to East Lynn and maybe even Beech Fork when I feel like removing the prop and trolling around.

12. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Welcome to the boc !

13. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    I haven't had the time to fish as much as I like let alone visit the BOC like I use to. Anymore, I jump on the college football section and right back off. Gotta show love for the EERs. This is the first night in a long time that I went through several threads. I've only been catfishing 2 times this year, so I wouldn't be much help. Hopefully I'll have time to start shooting my bow.

14. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    Yeah, let's see the West Virginia forums light up!

I know some of you folks come my way to fish the James River and such, but I vacation in West Virginia (I like being a little closer to heaven). :roll_eyes:

Being that your DGIF web site leaves a lot to be desired when compared to Virginia's (sorry, just an honest observation), your input is greatly welcomed. For instance, although I can find all the public fishing areas listed by county, there isn't much information provided about these areas. Compared to Virginia, which provides maps of state-owned impoundments, river access maps, web pages for each fishing lake and river, West Virginia has room for improvement.

Robert Byrd might want to transform the state into tourist capital of the world, but fishermen want more information.

Until the state catches on and catches up, it's up to you, folks! :cool2:

15. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Anyone fish the west fork river ?

16. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    I've fished where it meets the Mon, but that's about it.