WV IS AWFUL QUIET!!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL WEST VIRGINIA TALK' started by Jeremy Sheffey, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    you west virginia guys are awful quiet.... whats wrong, is there not that many people on here from WV or are you just in all the other places???

2. corklabus

corklabus New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Seems like this section died a week or so ago. Guess it's just the colder weather setting in and the holidays creeping up real fast. Probably folks ain't getting out much either since the lakes get lowered and and the rivers are a bit unpredictable. At least My section of the NEW river is. I stored the boat right after Turkey day and said the heck with it. I got too much auto repair and maintenance work to get done on my junkers to fight bad fishin weather right now. I either get my trucks fixed or there won't be nothin to pull the boat with next year.

3. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    The WV section has always been pretty quiet ! I post my West Fork River report in Clarksburg WV about 4 or 5 times a year and don't think I have ever gotten a THX even . Lived there the first 18 years of my life . I love going home a half a dozen times a year to see mom n ems ' and fish .

4. Jeremy Sheffey

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    lance i know what you mean, i like everyone from wv, its just a quiet section. im going to be in morgantown starting in January for a while, while i finish up some more school. make sure you get ahold of me if you are that close and we'll go do a little fishing or just meet up and shoot the sh!t.

5. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Clarksburg is south on I-79 @ the bridgeport exit . Then Fairmont , then Mo-town . I fish in Clarksburg when I go . I walk out Grannys front door across the street and there is the river ! Once I get there don't have to drive ! Usually stay a week after the kids are outta school in summer .

6. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Couple of local watering holes I go to too !:wink:

7. Jeremy Sheffey

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    lance i know exactly where clarksburg is its about 25-30 from motown... its not that far of a drive, so we'll have to get together and fish a little... im a cpr guy, but you can keep the ones i catch if you want them :wink:

if you want to hit a watering hole, while your in town, i like to drink water whenever i have the right company. so that can be done also :wink:

8. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I cpr over 10 lbs unless deep hooked . I have cut the line and a lil later see em swimming circles . I rarely use j hooks so it doesn't happen hardly ever . I keep fish for my family up there but for me and my lil ones down here . Not just because I like fish but because money doesn't grow on tree's either . I prefer self harvested and processed fish and game . I do eat store meat but I know how my food was handled if I do it myself .

9. Jeremy Sheffey

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    i agree with you on all that lance, i just dont eat a lot of fish. mostly because most of my family doesn't eat fish very often. so its not worth the time and effort if im going to be the only one i am cooking for. i think the cpr over 10 lbs rule is the best one to live by however. they fish are safer to eat, and it keeps the good breeders in the water to produce plenty of babies to for us to harvest later on.

10. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    When we get a chance to hit it I ain't to proud to keep your eaters !:wink: And you know they Will get eaten ! I am down to 1 bag of catfish 1 sauger and 3 white bass !:embarassed: Glad deer season went well ! Come on rabbit season !

11. Jeremy Sheffey

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    lance your a good dude man, i like a man that will eat every thing he keeps or kills.... there is no better reason to do it... a man has got to eat and so does his family, and if you can do that by living off what God has given us then all the power to ya.... one of the big reasons i dont keep fish is because no one but me will eat them... im not going to kill something that wont get eaten...

12. justinvaughttattoos

justinvaughttattoos New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    what's up fellas? just joined to BOC today, i've got an affinity for those big cats... I'm determined to prove that WV's big rivers (mainly the Kanawha & Ohio) can produce fish as large as anywhere is the US. Season's a couple months away - where you guys fishing at?

13. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    I fish the Ohio Near cincinnati, but would like to fish the Ohio and Kanawha sometime. I love WV, so its a matter of time before I make it over there. I heard WV Fish and Wildlife has been stocking blues as well...so should be getting those up that way and I really will want to make the trip. Be nice for ya'll to be able to fish year round for blues and channels when the flats go into hibernation :smile2:

14. Jeremy Sheffey

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    welcome to the BOC. lots to learn and see on here, just participate and you will meet plenty of friends and get loads of information.

im from KY but i live across the river from Kenova WV and have spent a large portion of the last 10 years hunting and fishing over there. mostly around morgantown. i will be moving back there in january.

cathunter, we have blues in the OHIO and im thinking some of the lakes in WV have had them for a while now. ive seen ken catch a couple. just hard to do from the bank the way they like the depths and the current.

15. justinvaughttattoos

justinvaughttattoos New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    yeah we have the blues pretty much all through the kanawha and alll of its tributaries... caught my personal best 23 lbs this past july... about 80 percent of the cats i catch up here are blues...

16. Jeremy Sheffey

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    what part of wv are you from??

17. Jerry60k

Jerry60k New Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    I am south of Charleston where some of the best flathead fishing is.Above Marmet Locks.

18. Jeremy Sheffey

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    thats within an hour from my house... we should get together sometime if you'd want

19. Jerry60k

Jerry60k New Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    Sounds good to me.I am actually going to go after some walleye very soon.I have to wait till I get back from the Gator Bowl before I can go :D

20. Jeremy Sheffey

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    have fun at the GatorBowl, Jacksonville is a cool city... hopefully we can pull one out, but beating FSU on Bowden's last game is going to be be tough.