WV Gathering

Discussion in 'LOCAL WEST VIRGINIA TALK' started by Jerry60k, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Jerry60k

Jerry60k Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    SO how many of you guys would be up for a get together.Maybe do a lunch and stuff.

I dont know any baitshops to donate prizes or nothing but hey I just want to fish anyway :big_smile:

2. WVRiverRat

WVRiverRat New Member

State:
    WV
    I would try my best to be there.

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Let me know about when and where and I'll try to make it if I can afford the gas...It'd have to be on the OH River since I have a KY & OH license but no WV one and probably wouldn't be able to afford even a 1 day license there...:embarassed:
    Keep us posted...:wink::big_smile:

4. Jerry60k

Jerry60k Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    John if I get one put together I will pitch in for your license bro its only 3 bucks for 1 day ;) Besides afte me and you went fishing I am sure the doctors bills acquired would offset the 3 bucks :smile2:

5. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I thought it would be more than that. I think I can come up with 3 bucks...:smile2:

The thing will be gas money and if Regina can get off work. They(my Dr's & Regina) don't want me driving much at all because of all the meds I'm on. Been there and done that, not gonna do that again if you know what I mean...:embarassed:

Also, My medical bills are 100% covered with Medicare & Medicaid...Thats a GREAT thing for someone like me...LMAO!!!

6. Jerry60k

Jerry60k Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    It probably wont be until fall because the spawn will start here end of may and run thru june wich just makes the fishing all bleh.July and August are extremely humid and hot down here but we will see.

Everyone start throwing some dates and locations in the air.If I can find a spot up here on the Upper Kanawha I would like to have it up here.

7. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    That sounds cool. My Mom lives around Milton. I could visit her and go to the gathering...:wink::big_smile:.....I don't get up there very often because of gas and all the construction and delays on 64. I HATE 64!!!!!:angry:

I say we start in the evening and fish all night, the Flatties should be tearing bait up at night esp. in August!!!

8. Jerry60k

Jerry60k Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    Ok We may try to workout either Aug 2nd or the 16th according to the lunar calendar these are two of the best Sat in August with peak and minor times between 7pm to 3 am.If we are just fishing overnight We could probably do it at 1 of my Fav spots that I feel would give everyone a chance at a big fish be it a 10 lb class Channel Cat or a 30 lb class Flat.We have also puled a few gar out the went over 4 ft long.

9. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Either one would be great. I actually caught my PB Flathead on a 3-4" Goldfish--- 33 1/2 pounds on August 4th, 2001 on the Ohio River a little after 4:30am right after one he!! of a 45-60 minute Thunderstorm.:cool2::big_smile:
    I remember that day very vividly since I got my neck brace off that morning(3rd) after crushing a Vertebrae in my neck on May 31,2000.:big_smile:

Also this will give Regina extra time to request off work unless Crab wants to come & drive??? I'll talk to him and see if he'd want to split gas $:confused2:
    I should have my 55 gallon barrel bait system set up long before then. I got a Blue barrel yesterday. I'll be able to bring froze and live bait I hope!!!:wink::big_smile:

10. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    The 16th wouldn't work for Regina and maybe not for me. The only way is if somebody close will be going. She is in a wedding on the 16th and I really, really need to go to it, I promised I'd go....:angry:

Its her best friend's wedding and she is a Bridesmaid in it.

Only way is the wedding at 2pm and hopefully I could get out without going to the reception.

11. OUTLAWWV

OUTLAWWV New Member

State:
    wv
    where are you catching gar that big ?

12. Jerry60k

Jerry60k Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    Down here in the Kanwaha River.Heres a link to 1 that we landed and actually got pics of it.

We had 2 much bigger but didnt get em landed they started twisting and thrashing when we was landing them and busted the line.

Heres a link to my photobucket

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v611/j60k/100_0418.jpg

13. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I always wanted to fish the Naw, can I come to? If I start walking some time in July I should make it by Aug. lol.
    Don't worry about a license John, these guys fish so far back in the woods even the game wardens wont go there! lol :eek:oooh::smile2::wink:

14. Jerry60k

Jerry60k Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    lol If we ever get a firm date set you are invited too.I will make a post in the Ohio forum.

I fish in front of the state capitol but still hardly get checked.

15. OUTLAWWV

OUTLAWWV New Member

State:
    wv
    me and a couple guys were talking about gar fishing yesterday and then i saw your post - you said some about 4 ft - in case you didn't know state record for gar is only 50 and a fraction of an inch - you may have record there - what do you catch them on

16. Jerry60k

Jerry60k Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    We catch them on cut shad usually fillets.Yes the 2 we lostr last year would have been state records.The one in the picture is just a couple inches shy of the current record or actually 1 inch from it.

17. jim1961

jim1961 New Member

State:
    W.va
    jerry dont for get free fishing days june 7-8 2008 that be good time for the get togather

18. Jerry60k

Jerry60k Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    Yeah that would be a real good weekend but I just started working again and I am covered up all month.Let me see what all is going on then and I will post back later.

19. archer1914

archer1914 New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    would be fun working my but off right now but post it i would like to be there send all that shout at u on here a pm so we can remember i work alot dont get on here alot 2 jobs and working on getting a third gotta do what u gotta do

20. WV Catcatcher

WV Catcatcher New Member

State:
    west virginia
    Iam new to the board iam from Elkview West Virginia iam 21 years old and love to catfish. Look forward to talking with you guys.