WTS or WTT castnets

Discussion in 'BUY AND SELL - MAKE $$$ - GET CHEAP DEALS' started by bwhupp, Mar 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Pick up only

I have 2 castnets that are 10'. Well, they are illegal in IL, so I need 8 footers! You Missouri boys that are interested, you bring me 1 8' net and I will give you 2 10'. One is brand new still sealed in the box while the other has only been used a couple of times.

2 10' nets for the price of 1 8' net. Can't beat that! :cool2: The nets are from walmart.. i believe they are 'renegade' brand.

I am located in Belleville, IL near belleville east high school.

2. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    how much would you sell them for?? indiana we can use up to a 10', ive been wanting to try one out..

all i can find at walmart here is 3.5' or 5'.. 3.5 is way too light to try anything with current.. the 5' aint too bad though

3. Steve

Steve New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Kyle
    Check the regs again. Wording means a lot. 5' radius 10' diameter. Shane [Skippie2use] and I got nailed at Brookville last year with an 8' net.
    Steve

4. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    id buy them or buy you an 8 footer which ever

5. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    The shipping on these is going to be ridiculous fellas! You are aware of that right??? :crazy:

6. lil kat

lil kat New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Brian, You can get a flat rate shipping box from the post office and it wont be as much as you relize I dont think. You should be able to ship them both fo around 10 to 15 bucks. That is how I have been shipping alot of Ebay stuff and it is a good way to do things.

7. kyleco55

State:
    Central In
    yeah i do the same thing.. i believe you can ship up to 40lbs for like $15 as long as it fits in the box

8. kyleco55

State:
    Central In
    thanks for the advice steve.. im not sure i fully understand what your saying though? he said they are 10' im guessing thats 10' diameter? heres the exact wording from the 2009 fishing guide

•
    Cast nets may be used, provided the net is

no larger than 10 feet in diameter and the

mesh stretch is no larger than 3/4 inch.

so if they are in fact 10' diameter, i think im ok?

Brain if your still interested in selling one or both of these, let me know.. id be ok with buying the open one, if you can find someone to trade the new one to..

9. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Kyle, I believe he has 10' nets with a 20' dia. That is why is keeps telling people that the shipping would be a killer.

However as lil Kat said with the flatrate Priority mail box shipping would be 10.35 for the regular flatrate box and 13.95 for the large flatrate box.

Max weight is upto 70 pounds

hope this helps

10. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I don't think Wally World sells a 10' radius net so he must have a 5 footer that is 10' in diameter, that sounds more like Wally World. If thats the case the net is not illegal in Illinois, right?

11. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    throw some prices out there Brain... I plan on buying a new net this weekend.....

12. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Assuming at the price of 15 bucks to ship the 2 nets, one is used and one is brand new... I'll throw out a price of 40 bucks for the pair. They are 5' radius which is 10' diameter nets.

First to shoot me a pm. Cash, Money Order or Paypal.

13. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    EDIT: Brian beat me to my post and cleared it up.

14. varmint_sniper

varmint_sniper New Member

State:
    OHIO
    pm sent

15. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    CLOSED

Sold them. Thanks all. :cool2:

16. kyleco55

State:
    Central In
    Thanks again brian.. looking forward to using them to stock up on some shad..

now you got a vacuum sealer that you cant use??:smile2:

ive already been told im not allowed to touch the one in the kitchen:smile2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.