WTB Lower unit for 73' 135hp johnson

Discussion in 'BUY AND SELL - MAKE $$$ - GET CHEAP DEALS' started by dexta, Apr 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dexta

dexta New Member

State:
    illinois
    I just cracked my lower unit yesteday in a tournament, and was curious if anyone here might have one laying around or know someone who does

any help would be appreciated

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Brett, I have a 135, but I will have to see what year. I am not sure.

3. dexta

dexta New Member

State:
    illinois
    I do work for a trucking company also so If you live far away, it might not be that bad to have it shipped to me.

4. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    there is one for 1977 85 hp on ebay i think there the same

5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sorry brother, my unit is electric shift.

6. dexta

dexta New Member

State:
    illinois
    thanks again for checking shane. The search may be over I think I found one on craigslist, my buddy's checking it out today on his way back from wisconsin

7. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    It will take a 73,74,75 76 the 77 and up were different and 85 hp in those years are the same. If it doesn't work out let me Know I have a good housing you can put your gears into.

8. dexta

dexta New Member

State:
    illinois
    thanks for the reply bubba, but I just finished up getting this lower unit ready to put on my boat:

i would have been interested in just the housing, but we opened up the old housing and I'm missing teeth off the forward, reverse and the driveshaft gears(the whole thing is trashed/ i'm wondering if the magnet off the lower oil plug some how came off the oil plug and stuck to a gear because this thing is horrible) I found the magnet surrounded by a furby of steel shavings It's got me wondering....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.