wtb...abu garcia morrum 7700cl

Discussion in 'BUY AND SELL - MAKE $$$ - GET CHEAP DEALS' started by DAREWOOD11, Jun 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DAREWOOD11

DAREWOOD11 Member

State:
    IOWA
    if anyone can tell me where i can find these reels or would like to sell one please let me know. thank you

2. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    You will paying Big $$$ for it,,I know of one that went for over a grand:wink:

I ordered and paid 298.00 New, and still have this ABU M7700CL Morrum with original box,Black valour bag, saltwater rod clamp,never used oil bottle, wrench etc.. In almost Mint condition..:wink::wink:

As you can see in the Pics ( which could be better) this reel is clean as a brand new nickle. Its not for sell though, and I do not see them for sell anywhere except for the one above..

Good luck..

3. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Heres 3 more veiws...I would like to know about the one that is for sell.

4. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I had no Idea Abu made a whopper trolling reel. Nice,,

5. SlightlySeine

SlightlySeine New Member

State:
    Big "R" Town, Va
    I sent you a PM, which may sound strange?

I thought the Abu Garcia sx7700cl, was the predecessor to the Morrum... Either way, it may or may not be available, I gave you info in the message... Hope it's helpful.

6. fishinphenom

fishinphenom New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Ive tried looking info on those 7700cl's and I cant find squat on them.. what are the benefits of those 7700cl's and morrums and what are they good for??

7. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Kenneth,,Yep She a beauty alright:wink: I should and would've ordered 2 at the time but I purchased my Brother a 270. millionaire for his birthday that same day, which set me back.:sad2:

I really didn't know what to expect, But when I got it.I said WHOA!! :eek:oooh: Now thats a reel, or something to that effect. I have only caught 2-3 big fish 30+lb on it and it cranked them in like bluegills:wink:

ABU sold most of them too Inshore Charter fishermen and I can see why.One collector I know has 3 of them and he searchs worldwide for more. But people just will not turn them loose according to him. The Morrum line is the best reel ever produced my ABU (says ABU Reps)the M7700CL's will not be produced again..They still have a market line of small morrum baitcasters over seas in japan..which costs a arm and a leg..

the sx7700 should not even be put beside it in comparision, you cantell the difference as soon as you put it in your hand and turn the handle.

Yep I should have bought that other reel when I had the chance,, But I'm still a proud owner of one :wink:

8. fishinphenom

fishinphenom New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Man those are NICE... are they about the same size as the regular 7000 series reels?

9. Cherokee Rod Man

Cherokee Rod Man New Member

State:
    Eufaula La
    Maybe.....but the guy's around here fishing dams love this reel for casting as it holds more line and the oversize spool bearings allow for increased casting distance with heavier lb. test mono's.
    ***The SX7700CL's were discontinued due to the reverse dog post's weakness, I've repaired this problem in several of these over the years {$85.00 repair} as you have to replace the entire set plate but aside from this they were a great reel, Abu thought revising the design would increase the price too much for comfort! WRONG!!! If they revise it even a better reel.:sad2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.