WTB Abu 7000 lever drag C3 or better

Discussion in 'BUY AND SELL - MAKE $$$ - GET CHEAP DEALS' started by mcseal2, Jun 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcseal2

mcseal2 Active Member

State:
    Kansas
    looking for a 7000 lever drag in a C3 or higher grade

2. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    I dont think Abu makes a lever drag. :confused2: I know Penn does though.

3. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

They make one.Look in saltwater catalogs.:wink:

4. OkieHenry

OkieHenry New Member

State:
    Hulbert, Oklahoma
    my local bait shop has a brand new 7000C4 LD for $175 which in my opinion is a little high but I can get all the info for you if you want, and then you can make a deal with her, if interested send me a pm with your phone # and I'll have her give you a call.

5. mcseal2

mcseal2 Active Member

State:
    Kansas
    I just found one online, a 7000C4 lever drag for $129 with free shipping. I will probably get it unless I hear from someone soon who wants to get rid of a used one. I like the lever drag fishing for flathead, I can use it as an adjustable clicker and then quickly crank it up to get them out of cover when I hook one.

6. mcseal2

mcseal2 Active Member

State:
    Kansas
    I tried to order the 7000LD on-line and they are sold out. I think they are replacing them with the 7000 Syncro. I am still in the market for one if anyone has one to sell.

Thanks, Heath

7. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I have a bunch of Shimano TLD 5's, TLD 10's, and the newer Shimano Charter Special 2000's. All are lever drag with sealed stainless bearings. They are about the same size as an ABU 7000. At around $120 the same price also. I bought one new and the rest here and there on Ebay shipped to my house for less than $60 each. I love mine and fish at least 60 days a year using these reels in both salt and fresh water. Knock on wood, not a problem yet. Most of the reels I have had six years or so. They are holding up nicely.

8. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    You could also seach for an abu big game ld but I think they may all be narrow spool. The penn 320 ld is nice I got one of them. And you could probaly pick one up for under 129$.

9. mcseal2

mcseal2 Active Member

State:
    Kansas
    Do the penn and shimano reels have a level wind?

10. Southerncats

Southerncats New Member

State:
    Alabama
    I have a used one....7000C4 LD.......all it needs is a clicker spring for the bait clicker.....I'll take $80 shipped.

11. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    The shimano charter special 2000's have level winds. The shimano tld's do not. You can cast further with no level wind. Doesn't really help me as I fish from a boat. After a day or two of fishing, You get used to guiding the line back on your reel using your thumb. The Penn 320's and 330's are level wind reels. The Penn's are very tough and probably more of these reels being used to troll stripers in the Chesapeake bay than the rest of the reels combined.

12. mcseal2

mcseal2 Active Member

State:
    Kansas
    They were sold out and had no re-order date yet. I think they are being discontinued in favor of the new Syncro

13. mcseal2

mcseal2 Active Member

State:
    Kansas
    I have a used one....7000C4 LD.......all it needs is a clicker spring for the bait clicker.....I'll take $80 shipped.

Last edited by Southerncats; Yesterday at 12:49

I sent you a pm, I will take it. I would still like to find another if anyone else has one.

Thanks, Heath

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.