WTB: abu 6500's or 6600's

Discussion in 'BUY AND SELL - MAKE $$$ - GET CHEAP DEALS' started by CatfishWormKy, Jan 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CatfishWormKy

CatfishWormKy New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    looking to buy some 6500's and 6600's let me know if you got any to sell?

2. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Welcome to the BOC from South Carolina, Justin! Great choice in reels. I buy mine from Catfish Connection, and have gotten some great deals on eBay. Hope you get "hooked up" with some of these fine reels soon! :wink:

Bill in SC

3. CatfishWormKy

CatfishWormKy New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Thanks for the info Bill and thanks for the welcome to the BOC.

4. o'boro cat hunter

o'boro cat hunter New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Welcome to the BOC:smile2: ps Bill is the info man.What parts you from. EBAY

5. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    You are most welcome. That's what this "club" is all about. Sharing and caring! :wink: Man, there are super fine people here from all over the country, and a wealth of catfishn' knowledge for those who seek it. Dig in and enjoy the fun!

<ps Bill is the info man.>

I don't know about all that! ;-) People here have been so free with sharing knowledge, that it would be selfish if I did not give back.

Bill in SC

6. o'boro cat hunter

o'boro cat hunter New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Got a dang near new abu 6000 shipped for $40:smile2::smile2: last week.Off of EBAY

7. CatfishWormKy

CatfishWormKy New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    thanks both of you all and i am from about 35 miles east of lex,ky

8. CatfishWormKy

CatfishWormKy New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    yea ebay has good deals got 2 6000 and 2 6001 for about 120 for all of them shipped just cant find the 6600 and 6500's for a good deal though

9. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    <just cant find the 6600 and 6500's for a good deal though>

PATIENCE and diligence are virtues, and if you utilize them, they will work in your behalf. The search is half the fun! :wink:

Bill in SC

10. CatfishWormKy

CatfishWormKy New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    its just like waiting and searching for the big one, understand completely what you are saying.

11. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I got your reps started for your excellent choice in reels. I'm 100&#37; Abu Garcia all the way! BTW: To check your reps, use the "User CP" button in the black bar right down from the top of the page. Heck, you'll have your ten posts in one thread, so you can start viewing all the images and videos! :)

Bill in SC

12. CatfishWormKy

CatfishWormKy New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Awesome bill thanks again.

13. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I searched hard for a few weeks last year on eBay. I got two brand new 6000s on eBay last year for $38 each including shipping, and a 6500 like new, with power handle for $51. Due to the economy, cash is king and stuff can be found at good deals. You might also check Craigslist in your search for reels, and especially boats! I would also like to suggest that you buy the Swedish Abu Garcias, rather than the Chinese. They seem better to me. I've heard conflicting reports on the 6600, so I would also stick to the 6000 or 6500 series, or even the 7000 series if you need the extra line capacity. We caught several 30 to 51 pound fish on my 6000s, and they are worthy reels. The 6500c3 has the two extra stainless bearings and are somewhat smoother, but either reel will get the job done. Once again, for retail shopping, I have found Catfish Connection to have the largest inventory at slightly better prices than the competitors. They have EXCELLENT customer service too, and a great printed catalog. I am not affiliated with Abu Garcia or Catfish Connection, but promote BOTH heavily. If you have confidence in something, and it works for you, PROMOTE it!! :smile2:

Bill in SC

14. CatfishWormKy

CatfishWormKy New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    i just got through checking them out and their prices on the 6500 tc reels both right and left hand are awesome seeings how most other places have them going for 100 bucks or more and the have them for 74.95... if all else fails will be buying a couple from them...

15. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    The only difference in the 6500TC is the additional stainless bearing, and the 6.3:1 gear ratio as opposed to the 5.3:1 on the regular 6500s. They reel in a little faster. This works good for me, needing to get rigs in quickly off the bottom of our snaggy Big Pee Dee River. Some folks claim that the lower gear ratio of the 6500TC diminishes capacity in cranking power when handling a large fish, but I let my rods do the majority of the work so I don't see an issue there. I have two of the 6500TC, and I like 'em fine. I don't know how long they will be on "special", and they are in limited supply at CC. My next purchase will be a pair of the 6500 'Green Cat' series reels. They will work good beside my pair of 'Blue Cats'! :wink: Since they are a "limited edition" reel, if you take care of them, they should hold their value quite nicely.

Bill in SC

16. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    i have a couple of left hand and rights forsale if you want.

17. CatfishWormKy

CatfishWormKy New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Yeah bill i saw the green cats pretty good looking reel do they change name and color every year?

18. CatfishWormKy

CatfishWormKy New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    dinger i need the reels how many you got?

19. CatfishWormKy

CatfishWormKy New Member

State:
    Kentucky
  20. brew1961

brew1961 New Member

State:
    West Virgi
    Bill, I have bought a few reels off Catfish Connection. They have great prices and great service. I bought three 6600 c4's I've only used them once and they worked great, got them mounted on the American Spirit 7'6" MH rods. Take-Care, Tim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.