write your representatives?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by slabmaster, Jun 10, 2008.

1. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    just wondering how many folks on here take the time to write to there senate or house members. i do on issues that are important to me. i live in missouri. Senator Clair McKaskil always responds. Senator Kit Bond never has. i also make it a point to vote in all county,state and federal elections.

2. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    sounds like kit wont be getting your vote in the future???:wink:

3. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    you are right. but i don't think he's to worried. i was gonna right more but if i did this would end up in the HI section with someone telling me all the good things he is doing for them.

4. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Wrote mine yesterday on the state of affairs we are in.......lol he wont be getting my vote either. We need to put a fresh clean slate of people and see if they can do better than we have now. Have a new motto, "VOTE FOR THE NEW GUY or GAL", cant hurt!!!!!!

5. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I always felt that if a person didn't stand up for what they feel is right, really don't have a right to gripe.:angry: The mind set of "oh well, my vote wouldn't count anyway" is how things get into the shape there in .

6. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    So many people are voting for a change.

Well, Adolf Hitler was for change. Joseph Stalin was for change. Chairman Mao was for change. Fidel Castro was for change...

I'm sorry, but I want to know what change means.

Yes, I'm afraid voting for the new guy or gal can indeed hurt.

7. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I think you might have for got one in your list with Hilter.........Bush....

8. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I write to mine every month. Jim Webb is the best in my book. I hope he gets a shot at V.P.

9. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    i also email my govenor all the time and also go to community meeting all the time
    and when they dont listen i bring as many people i can to get the message out loud and clear

10. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    I have several sites booked marked one is to the white house, others are to my reps. If you don't let your elected offficials know how you feel they will neve know. When is the last time you spoke up, or just say good or bad job. Also letting others know about something that our officials are doing is as inportant, get the word out and start e-mailing