Wright Patman lake

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by don3778, May 6, 2008.

1. don3778

don3778 New Member

State:
    Walkervill
    Has anybody fished Wright Patman below the spillway lately. We have caught some good catfish there at times and had a lot of fun with the white bass at the same time.

If anybody knows anything please give me a report here, thanks.

don3778

2. FordGuy2001

FordGuy2001 New Member

State:
    Texarkana,Texas
    Hey Don. I went down to the bridge on hwy 59 just down from the spillway a few weeks ago, and the water is up so high and flowing fast. The whole lake is way up. Back over at Redwater, the Low Water Bridge road was flooded out long before you can even see the bridge.

3. don3778

don3778 New Member

State:
    Walkervill
    Thanks Kelly, I appreciate that info. If you hear anything more please holler at me.

Thanks again.

don3778

4. FordGuy2001

FordGuy2001 New Member

State:
    Texarkana,Texas
    No problem. Same goes for you. We are heading down to the Sulphur River Bridge on Blackman Ferry Rd. this coming Saturday. I stopped and looked at it last weekend while on my way back from the gun range down at Smith Park. There seems to be a good area to get down into that has been flooded out.

5. FordGuy2001

FordGuy2001 New Member

State:
    Texarkana,Texas
    Hey Don. I drove over the bridge on 59 yesterday. It appears to be about the same as the last time I saw it. Way Way Up. I decidided not to go to that other bridge on the Sulphur, and went up to White Cliffs instead on Saturday. If you have never been up there, its well worth the drive.

6. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    Never heard of White Cliffs. How do you get there? I'm from Jefferson.

7. FordGuy2001

FordGuy2001 New Member

State:
    Texarkana,Texas
    Hey Tiny. I sent ya a PM with pretty good detailed directions. For anyone else that might want to check it out, just follow hwy 71 North through Ashdown til you cross the Little River. Follow the signs at the 1st right after the river heading towards Ben Lomond, Browns Town and Paraloma. You can't miss it.

8. FordGuy2001

FordGuy2001 New Member

State:
    Texarkana,Texas
    Hey Don. Just a quick update for ya. The gates are at full blast at the spill way and flowing fast. We drove down yesterday to look around and one fellow had just pulled in what looked like a 20+ lb blue. The lake has finally dropped a bit and I hear you can get on to that bridge over on the backside at Red Water.

9. don3778

don3778 New Member

State:
    Walkervill
    Thanks Kelly for the update. I am hung up now at work but whenever I do ever get another day off I am headed catfishing somewhere. I did get to watch some of the family members yesterday at our pond catching some big hybrid bream and nice catfish. I get more of a kick outta watching them than if I had been catching them myself. Hope you had a good holiday weekend.

Thanks again.

don3778

10. FordGuy2001

FordGuy2001 New Member

State:
    Texarkana,Texas
    They have closed the gates at the spill way Don. We went out there yesterday and looked around to see how it was. You can get down pretty far on the rocks now and fish. The current does not appear to be to bad either. I will be heading down to fish this weekend some.

11. don3778

don3778 New Member

State:
    Walkervill
    Thanks Kelly,

I'm still hung up at work so I can't get out to fish yet for another month or so but I appreciate you keeping us informed. I can at least dream about it, lol. Good luck and give us a good report when you go.

don3778