Wrestle Mania 22 Report

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by H2O Mellon, Apr 3, 2006.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Wrestle Mania 22 Report

I didn' watch this as it's like $40 to even get the online webcast, but here is how the "Granddaddy Of Them All Went Down"

-John Cena made Triple H tap out via the STFU, to retain the RAW Championship belt.

-Rey Mysterio, yes that's right, little Rey Rey pinned Randy Orton to win the triple threat match (Mysterio, Orton & Angle) to win the SMACKDOWN Champioinship belt.

-JBL defeated The Crippler Chris Benoit to win the United States Championship.

-The Big Show & Kane defeated Carlito & Masters to retain the (Raw) Tag Team titles.

-The physco, (but totally HOT) Mickie James beat Trsih Stratus via the "Mick Kick" to win the Women's Championship.

-Your favoirte & mine The Boogeyman defeated Booker T & his wife (real life wife) Sharmel.

-Shawn Michaels went old school, DX style (including crotch chops) to beat the owner himself, Mr McMahon to a bloddy pulp.

-No surprise that the "Rated R Superstar" Edge defeated Mick Foley in the hardcore grudge match. This match saw tables set on fire, barbwire & of corse Mr Socko. Man.....( Mick Foley is a jobber. I know he's out of shape & old, but let the poor guy win one of these grudge matches once in a while)

-The Undertaker made it 14-0 at Wrestlemania defeating Mark Henry.

-RVD won the "Money In The Bank" ladder match, earning a shot at the Championship any time he chooses. (Rumor had it that he was going to demand the title shot at the next ECW Pay per View, this of corse was when the org plan was to have Triple H win the Raw belt.) Me peronally, I was rooting for The Nature Boy, the dirtiest player in the game, Ric Flair to win. I want to see Flair with one last run as Champ. He is 54 years old but man he has taken more "bumps" as of late that he did 20 years ago. Bring back Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard, even Ole Anderson, Lex Luger, Benoit,...... aby faction of the 4 Horsemen. Ric Flair needs to go out with one more championship run!!!

In my opinon the shocker was that Triple H didnt take home the Raw belt. I also thought that Carlito & Masters would ebat the Big Show & Kane. Missing from WM 22 was the Smackdown Tag Team titles. I woudl have liked to see MNM defend them, but I guess time would not allow it.

2. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    man i havent watched 'wrastlin in so long......mark henry is back? geez! ecw! heck, that might get me to watchin again!

3. Damian_Storm

Damian_Storm New Member

State:
    indiana
    thanks for the report..i was gonna watch it with all my other wrestlin' buddies but , the storms were getting bad so i had to slide on home to check on the wife....i am like you , i figured HHH would have taken the belt as well as carlito and masters....lol i guess that what we get for thinkin...lol

4. T-man

T-man New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i am very glad to here my man HBK beat the crap out of the boss.

I think i would like to see a dx reunion how bout it??:confused:

I was also very glad to hear rey won the belt

Did anyone watch the Hall of Fame on usa saturday night, i did, glad to see bret hart, wish he would have attended WM or come back and do something but that aint gonna happen

5. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Thanks for the info Bryan. Was surprised to hear Ray beat Randy.

Jaime

6. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Come on,tell us what we really want to know,who won the playboy pillowfight,don't need any names but some pics would be nice!:thumbsup: :D

7. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Shoot I forgot about that one. I think Torrie won.

8. explayer

explayer New Member

State:
    Tucson AZ
    thank you for the info

9. topjimmy

topjimmy New Member

State:
    AZ
    This whole thread seems like a set up.

Like a charade.

I think I may have been had.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

10. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    What the heck? Tonight the "Spirit Squad" (yes, a group of men Cheerleaders, fo you non-wwe fans) beat Kane & The Big Show for the Raw Tag Titles! :what-big: As soon as I saw the match, I figured the Spirit Squad would win, but why? Are they really over, or was the team of Kane/Show not over?

11. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Uh Bryan buddy, calm down, reach in your pocket, pull out that little bottle, AND TAKE YOUR MEDICATION!

12. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    What cha goin brorther? What cha going do when the million & millons of Mellonmaniac run wild over you Flathuter? I'm taking my vitamins & saying my prayers! What cha going do when my 26 inch pythons wrap around a 45# Flattie this year? The millions & illions of Mellonmaniacs are going to help me leap over you in '06...... BROTHER!

13. T-man

T-man New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i was wondering the same thing, why in the heck did they take the titles from the monster tag team(kane,Big show)................Crazy!!

By the way................HULK STILL RULES!!!

BROTHER!!:thumbsup:

14. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    you know i use to enjoy watching the wwe but as of late it seems like the same old stuff.you get a pay per view for 40 bucks then turn right around and watch almost the same thing on monday night or you always have somebody that cheats to win a big match.i'm a long time fan but i have to say i like the old kane,old taker,the stone cold run,dx you know the older stuff but really out of all of it i enjoyed the days of hulk hogan,ultimate warrior,l.o.d but i guess it has to change as it's fans change but i for one fell left behind with the new stuff.

15. Damian_Storm

Damian_Storm New Member

State:
    indiana
    wishiwasfishin' , i just downloaded a match you would probly like..saturday nights main event..ultimate warrior with the L.O.D against all three of demolition....those were the days....as far as kane and the big show losing the titles no surprise...who could beat them??? there are no good tag teams out there right now..M-N-M are the closest ...thats mostlikely why the spirit sissies won the belts..atleast now there will be a realistic fued...or could be....

16. Damian_Storm

Damian_Storm New Member

State:
    indiana
    speaking of the good ol' wrestling days..we have the honky tonk man comming up in may...i am trying to get into that match ...it will be great meeting honky....

17. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Boy from the way I understand he is one straight shooting SOB! Gotta respect that whether you love him or hate him.

18. eggman

eggman New Member

State:
    Jefferson City, Missouri
    Ha ha, what a thread, do you all believe in Santa Claus too??? Wrasslin today is a hollywood freakshow. The real stuff is long gone, the days of Wrestling at the Chase out of St. Louis with names like Bob Backland, Bulldog Bob brown, Omar Atlas, Terry Funk and Rufus R. Jones (remember the headbutt?), Harley Race, Black Angus and of course Pat O'connor.

egg

19. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Rumor has it that the Funkster himself will be at the ECW PV.

20. T-man

T-man New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i agree with you completly eggman, today it is noting but a show.

Like there new name World Wrestling Entertainment(WWE)

Its fun to watch sometimes but you cant beat the 80's to mid 90's wrestling or the older times such as you are talking about eggman!!