WOWEE dip bait

Discussion in 'Homemade baits' started by Catfish Fever, Dec 22, 2005.

1. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Here's a dipbait I make and have real good luck with, it works REAL well with a Looper dipbait rig.
    I get a couple of beef brains and a couple of jars of limburger cheese. (You can use the bricks, but they're much more expensive with no better results.)
    I put a couple of brains and a couple of jars of cheese, just depends on the size of the blender container. Puree it, then put it in a container, bigger than the mixture as it will rise. Set it outside in the sun, the hotter the better. Next day after it is up, just stir it, leave the maggots in, trust me, they'll be there. Depending on the temperature it'll take a couple of days till it quits rising, then you've got a cured bait. To thicken it you can use cattail fuzz, I use potters clay(powder) which stiffens it up real well. A couple of cautionary notes, keep the open container downwind (from you anyway), don't get any on you, the "aroma" will stay with you a loooooooong time!

2. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    Sounds like it would work to me. The aroma of shad and skipjack especialy the guts will linger for days too. I have a pair of fishing insulated neoprene grip gloves and even afetr been washed in the wash machine their is still an aroma. :confused:

3. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Thanks for sharing, will have to give it a try sometime.

4. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Mark, I'm surprised your wife(?) would let you put something like that in her wash machine :crying: I know mine wouldn't. Clarksville was my old stomping grounds back in the middle 50's when I was with the 187th Abn RCT, then the 101st Abn Div. Wish I'd of been stationed there when I retired instead of here.

5. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Walter, you're welcome. It's pretty effective stuff, best in warmer water though. It's pretty easy to make, I did have to buy the Frau a new blender after I made the first batch though, she said "NO WAY" that's coming back into my kitchen :mad:

6. TeamWhiskers

TeamWhiskers New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I’ve got the same problem Jim! That is why you find an old food processor in a garage sale somewhere!

7. Gentleben

Gentleben New Member

State:
    Huffman, Texas
    Women, especially mine ,have no sense of humour when you store your might crawlers in the refrigerator crisper and they get out and crawl all over the fruit and stuff. ;)
    i had to get another refrig to keep my baits and stuff in!! :p

Good info, thanks for posting!! :D

8. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Ben, I know what you mean. I used to keep my bait fridge and freezer in the garage and every time I opened it to get my bait out, she'd tell me to move her car outside before I left. So I just got me a "Cat House" to keep my bait fridge and freezer in. No more problems :rolleyes:. You need to get you one ;)
    That's my "Catmobile" that Cody's sitting in. I use it to run down to the lake when I fish from shore.

Attached Files:

9. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Dang I gotta get me one of those cat houses...... :D

10. mitchell

mitchell New Member

State:
    Kansas
    my dad made this same bait a few times. He saw a recipe in kansas wildlife and parks magazine tellling about it. I may have to try it again.

11. Bravesfan257

Bravesfan257 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Hey thanks for the idea I am going to have to try that.

12. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Mitchell, thanks, THAT'S where I got it from, I knew I'd read it somewhere, just couldn't remember where.

13. torment_hack

torment_hack New Member

State:
    california
    seems like more trouble then its worth....

14. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    No thanks, don't want a cat house like that one. Not if it draws cats the size of that one. Did you see the size of that cat in front of it? You need a bigger cart or maybe just ride the "cat" down to the lake.lol

15. kaleigh

kaleigh New Member

State:
    Lehigh Valley Pa
    Where do you get beef brains from??I would like to try this concoction,where are the brains?????????:confused: :confused: