WOW--

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by 4/0 kahle, Aug 15, 2007.

1. 4/0 kahle

4/0 kahle New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    man you guys really welcome a fella in, Huh?? never had such a responce on other forums...many thanks to all....
    boliver--- I hang my poles right down the road from ya in the BIG town of Alma--grew up in graphic community,,moved to Mt. Burg for 17 years and now I'm in Alma for about a year and half.........ever fish Alma lake?? I have tried but no luck.....:eek:oooh:

2. bolivar 0637

bolivar 0637 New Member

State:
    Alma, Arkansas
    Welcome to the BOC. I also live in Alma, I tried fishing the Alma Lake a couple of times this spring but didn't catch anything. I am Boliver's brother we have lived here all of lives.

3. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I don't live to far northwest of you in Natural Dam. I've heard there are some big cats in Alma Lake but you couldn't prove it by me. Don't tell nobody but I've caught a few bass out of there when I was younger and didn't know any better:smile2:.

4. boliver

boliver New Member

State:
    Rudy Ark
    no i havent fished alma lake. i mostly fish mulberry creek, clear creek, and ark. river between l&d 13 and ozark. haven't fished much lately. i'm not tough enough for this heat. this really a great site, everyone is very helpful. when the river goes down a little more i think it will be good fishing till late fall. lol

5. 4/0 kahle

4/0 kahle New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Clear creek is my son and I's favorite place we always do good there (well maybe not always) but we fished there from mid night to dawn Sat. and did well..until the bass tournament guys came in and we left do to the crowd and rude, foul mouthed people running over our lines..we were bank fishin'..
    went to the river a few times..no luck! even tried vine prairie a few times..no luck! dyer landing is ok but it dont top good ol' Clear creek.
    I bought a small boat a month or so back and we go out on it often..cant wait to get it out on Clear creek area and explore some new water...:roll_eyes:

6. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Thank's for the CONFESSION Johnny,:eek:oooh: and it is in black and white too!!:beated:

7. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Welcome to the BOC, Tim! Be sure to check out the gathering at DeGray next spring. You can find it in the 'Gatherings' section.

8. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Welcome to the B.O.C. Tim, Enjoy your stay here.

9. 4/0 kahle

4/0 kahle New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I am going to bass pro this weekend..finally got all weekend off..I will probably buy a lot more "catfish Stuff" as my wife calls it...I am in the market for a new rod and reel so no tellin' what i will come home with.....thanks again for the replies...you fella's are great:wink:

10. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Tim you might stop in A-Z just north of Alma. They have quite a bit of fishing equipment there at a good price. They sell the meat hunter rods, the 8 footer's is what me and Sam use. They are excellent rods.

11. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Howdy Tim, I knew a Dana Wilkerson ? at good ole Mountainburg High, I still live just outside Mountainburg. Never could figure out how to fish Alma lake, dont know if a boat can be put on it. and I aint walkin up that dam.....:big_smile: So Clear creek is now open I take it, went down there couple weeks ago and everything was locked up from the flood damage. I like to put in there and head up to the pipe for shad then ease on around to the river. Good place right at the mouth, and then down stream or up around the dikes. Never caught anything of much size though. Just eaters. Good to see a bunch of locals on here, When lake fortSmith opens in Dec or Jan we will all have to get together and do some fishin.:wink:

12. charlestoncatman

charlestoncatman New Member

State:
    arkansas
    i never would have thought of going to a to z for fishin stuff, anything any good?

13. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    mac i aint from fortsmith but when it opens and u guys decide to get together post the date and if no one objects ill make it.

14. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    A-Z has a bunch of stuff, thier rods are pretty good, you can get the Meathunters there for a decent price, nice Nets but I would shy away from some of the reels.
    Johnnie (poisonpits) Lake fortsmith is in Mountainburg, so its just about an hour away for you. Yea, we could make a day or weekend of it. IFn we could get these boys together.

15. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    hey Tim,
    Welcome to the BOC. You better watch Mac and Pits, those guys will keep you rolling in the floor. You will find this place is more like family than any other place you have ever hung out. I love it here and have made many many good friends that I wouldn't have if it wasn't for this place and our love for catfishing.

16. 4/0 kahle

4/0 kahle New Member

State:
    Arkansas

I am lookin forward to the new lake ft smith opening too...i have a small boat and cant wait to get on clear creek...I have a cuz in mt burg naned Dana WILKINSON but dont know about WILKERSON..
    AZ has some decent stuff but some is junk...gotta use your judgement on some of it....

17. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    I spelled it wrong, :embarassed: Hey I went to Mountainburg :wink: Yea, I cant wait for it to open. gonna be good fishin for awhile.

18. 4/0 kahle

4/0 kahle New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    yeah Dana was working at AZ tools last time I spoke to her but its been a while....I figure lake ft smith will be good fishin' too...no one been on it for a while with all the construction and all...i caught the biggest crappie in the world there years ago...well maybe i streched that a bit...biggest in MY world...have a goodun' :wink: