1. natethe great

natethe great New Member

State:
    North carolina
    hey guys i went down to the local lake thursday and not one person was down there this was weird because thursday is late night fishing well i still fish a little and ended up with one about 3lbs and the rest were dinks i didnt mind though because i was outa the house and enjoying the weather sience by then it had cooled down alittle bit. well i think im going to start my bait tank today i have an 18 gallon and a 14 gallon bucket im going to use im going to put the 14 in the 18 and use some of that spray in foam for my insulation if any of you guys or gals have a better way to do it please let me know. well im out of things to say so intill net time good fishing to all:big_smile:

2. anchorpuller

anchorpuller New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Nate,

Sound like a great idea. I've perused the B.O.C. library and found a bunch of great info in there. I remember seeing several homemade bait tanks that looked like something right up your alley! Check it out :)

3. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    nate you need to driil holes in the outside barrel so that foam can get plenty of air to dry. i made one like you are referring too and a year later it busted on the inside and foam ran out....lol. my barrels fit tight at the top also which locked the air out. maybe a spray a little and let it dry and for a day and then hit it again. dont try to do it all at one time.

4. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Experience is a hard teacher!!!

5. natethe great

natethe great New Member

State:
    North carolina
    hey well i started on it a while ago today and i used some of that spray insulation in a can and man i got it on my hands after i had just read on the side of the can wear gloves and i used some thinner and it didnt even touch the sticky strengh of the crap so i guess im just going to have to let it wear itself off well thanks for all the good info and ill try to post pics of it when i get done with it so intill next time good fishing to all:embarassed: