WOW! What a rain that was.....

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by fishnfwl, Jun 13, 2008.

1. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Everything still tied down after that round? :eek:oooh::eek:oooh:

Weather radio was reporting that 5-6 inches just fell out of that round and from the map the heaviest of it was all just north of REND! Should have it full in a day or so........

[​IMG]

2. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    This is making me mad... no more rain! :angry:

3. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    it should be full already. im gonna go fish it this evening. got me some garlic shrimp and cut shad

4. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Good Luck, and don't be getting any "Shane on th e water" LOL

5. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    How is that shrimp working out. I am debating whether or not to buy a bag and take it out there with me.

6. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Garlic Shrimp works great over a low flame and about 3 minutes on each side :smile2: :smile2: :smile2:

7. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    ill give a report when i get back. im taking off right now.

8. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Look forward to hearing how it works.

9. lil kat

lil kat New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Randy,
    Where are you located at? I am about 30 miles east of Mt. Vernon and we didnt seem to get very much here

10. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    really, Wow, I am north West of there and it just dropped fast and Hard, was pouring on 57 so hard you had to pull over for about 10 minutes or so. Came down across from say Vandalia area to the south east really hard over to 57 I would guess maybe 6-8 miles north of Mt,V area.

11. BEL007

BEL007 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Dropped a wall of rain on me driving to work b/w Marion and Carbondale. My wife says the pool is full again. Good news for the water bill.

Hoping to get up to Rend this weekend and try my luck with my new casting net and/or some of the cut up Blue Gills I nabbed last weekend at Little Grassy.

12. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    well here in central il it disapated and re fired over by champaign danville area at 5:00 am. we didnt get a drop. well a light sprinkle for a min. not enough to wet the deck.:big_smile:

we dont need any right now. ducks are still swimming in the fields.

13. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    That seems to be what it did down here also, go like heck peter out, fire back up rain like heck. NO we don't need any more anywhere in the mid west for a while would be fine.............

14. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    well the report is not good. looks like the spawn is on at rend. i didn't get any but 2 female fiddlers. one lady did get 1 descent male off the riprap. probably 3 pounds.

15. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    That sure can make it tough, let alone everything else mixed in

16. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    I sooo did not want to hear the fishing is turning crap as I am about to spend a week out there!

17. nitronostrils

nitronostrils New Member

State:
    IL
    Yeah that system rolled through when I was getting loaded in Mapleton and it was heading the same place I was going....my fav- Chicago. It was a fast mover even I couldn't catch it.:smile2:

18. TccaAl

TccaAl New Member

State:
    Illinois
    All this rain pretty much stinks. :angry: However, we are catching alot of fish in the backwaters with a little current moving through it. Here in central Illinois we haven't gotten as much rain but the Illinois River is coming up because of the rain to the north. Hopefully, the river will stabilize and make the fish a little easier to locate before our tournament next weekend. :big_smile:

19. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    i was at a spot i dont usually fish. dont worry, we'll catch em. its just one bad outing ive had since the year started.