WOW What a night

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by MRFLATHEAD, Jun 9, 2007.

1. MRFLATHEAD

MRFLATHEAD Guest

hi guys i just had to post this thread to tell you guys about my night of fishing tonight. ok my nephew houston white and i got to the lake about 630pm tonight i had fished last sunday night and caught 3 small fish 23,20,19# so i go back to this new spot tonight i put out a goldfish and a bluegill houston the same.we sit out in a thunder storn lightning and all.10pm is the time now storm has went by and we are wet but what the heck. 10pm my clicker goes off nice run i set the hook and the fish pulls the catmaxx 7000c3i combo right out of my hands into the lake i just reacted the only way i know how i do a swan dive into the lake .my combo is gone im walking out of the water and i step on something i reach down and its my rod fish still on feels like a really big fish. now ive caught several 50# fish. this fish is way bigger than that taking drag everything i can do to get this fish in i get it in 15# i was amazed. take a pic turn him free.we sit there 1/2 longer houston said lets go home and get you some dry clothes is ok im gonna take the chairs tackle bags and bait back up to the truck and get my dirty stinking clothes off and just wear my frogg toggs home. im at the truck changing got boots off shirt off houst yells jim your clicker is going off your rod ok nothing i can do i tell him to get the rod and ill be there in a min. i make it down net is in the truck back into the water i go get his fish for him 40# fish on my rod same rod that was puuled out of my hands 1/2 hour ago. ok i have got to tell you guys this ive tried alot of braid lines that are no good break off. i put this new braid line on and i tell you what i will not use anything else you really get to feel the fight of the fish .im so so impressed with it im gettin more and spool all my reels . it was a wild night so glad houston got a real nice fish
    we laughed so hard on the way home. thanks for letting me share this story

2. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    That's a great story. I've never felt compelled to jump in after a pole, but I've only ever lost cheap outfits. Now, I may have to think about it since I've got some new stuff.:roll_eyes:
    What kind of braid are you using?

3. MRFLATHEAD

MRFLATHEAD Guest

berkley big game braid 80lb. i use a berkley firline xds leader 100lb which they dont make anymore. im trying to find a spool of 100lb test . i got hunk up in a tree the other night and wraped my line around my waist and walked up the bank couldnt break the big game braid i got everthing back but my gamakatsu 10/0 octopus hook was bent straight.i was really amazed.

4. BigCatSteve

BigCatSteve New Member

State:
    Huber Heights,Ohio
    Sounds like a great night. nice fish,would love to see some pics of your fish.

5. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Sounds like a fun night, thanks for sharing.

6. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Wher was that new spot? :roll_eyes::wink::big_smile:

7. dylan543

dylan543 New Member

State:
    ohio
    sounds like a nice night..Crazy one too.. Lol i would love to see ur pics

8. bigfish08

bigfish08 New Member

State:
    ohio
    i used to make many a dives before i was introduced to the baitclicker,, truly an amazing invention!!lol

9. MRFLATHEAD

MRFLATHEAD Guest

oh man my clicker was going off but as soon as i set the hook that fish went nuts and with no give in the braid line just ripped it out of my hands

10. MRFLATHEAD

MRFLATHEAD Guest

shawn i stopped fishing the bay by the park office its really getting to much pressure there is a guy from port washington named matt george who has been jugging the bay all year so far.i seen his pics at the bait shop no monsters but alot of 15-20lb fish that might have been monsters before im 6ft under. one pic there is about 15 fish 10-15lb and one bout 40.he has several pics up there.hes pretty proud. before anyone jumps on me about jugging im gonna say this you want to jug thats fine but please take a pic of the fish as soon as you take him off the jug and set him free dont throw him in the boat till your done haul him to the shop get a mug shot

11. fcrnnngbck25

fcrnnngbck25 New Member

State:
    Lafayette, Indi
    I agree and congrats on finding a good braid. I might have to try and get me some, i've been fairly disappointed with the stuff i got so far.

12. bigfish08

bigfish08 New Member

State:
    ohio
    without cpr monster flathead fishing will be history...

13. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i agree 100 percent. all the big fish we have caught this month have been released minutes after landing them. one good picture is all i need, and i feel a heck of alot better knowing they swam off healthy.:smile2:

14. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Sounds to me like A Wonderful Night Thanks For Sharing

15. Kentucky Jelly

Kentucky Jelly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hah good job saving your rig.

16. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Thanks Jim, Great story. Glad you got you're rig back. I haven't had to dive in after a rod yet. (knock wood)