Wow, What a night!

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by Critter Getter, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Critter Getter

Critter Getter New Member

State:
    Elnora, Indiana
    Things started off pretty good last night when a lot of bait was caught real quick. Then things started headed south. I got almost to the hole I was gonna fish in and my brand new throttle cable broke. I couldn't believe it. Luckily I cut the rubber apart and there was enough wire that I could still run the throttle by hand. Then I spent the next 20 min. trying to get the anchor to hold. After I finally got it to grab on and get the rods out we get a couple small hits pretty quick. I thought my luck was gonna change for a bit when a barge decided that it was going to pull into the same spot that I am sitting in. We were only about 50 yrds off the bank and so was he. He just crept towards me real slow til he got about 75 yrds from me and I finally packed up and moved. After I took off he pulled right over the spot I was at and was still there a couple hours after I left. Knowing now that the Markland Dam had some major problems last night I guess they were just backed up all the way past Cannelton. So I putted to another hole and spent another 20 min. trying to get the anchor to hold. After an hour or so without any hits I decided to go home because it was getting dark fast and I didn't want to be out there after dark with the throttle being all jacked up. I head back to the ramp with my head hung low because I couldn't believe the run of bad luck I had had. I was relieved to get back in one piece and thought, all right, nothing can go wrong now. WRONG! While we were out, some jacka$$ RAN OVER MY BOAT TRAILER!!!! Busted the frame in 2 places and twisted the living $#^& out of it! Luckily I have an uncle that lives in town because it is a lil over a half hour drive back home. We filed a police report on it, forced the boat onto the trailer, and drug it the 3 blocks to his house. Just to top the whole night off, when I got home I realized that somewhere in the mess, my phone decided to play hide and seek and I lost. Guess I won't be fishing very much for the next couple of weeks or so :sad2:

2. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    You guys can keep that big black cloud west of 65 everything is good on the east side of the state. Good luck and hope you get it all taken care of.

3. perrycounty.in

perrycounty.in New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Sorry to hear about that!! hope you get it fixed soon!

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    "When it rains it pours". That is a lot of bad luck for one trip. Maybe the next one will be better.

5. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    Maybe thats mother nature gettin back at you for all the catfish you have put a hook into? Oh yeah, keep that bad luck on the Indiana side of the river.....:wink:

Good luck getting everything back together again.

Bill

6. OhioRiver

OhioRiver New Member

State:
    Indiana
    aw man that sucks!