WOW WHAT A 2008 Indiana gathering pics

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by billcatfish, Jun 29, 2008.

1. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    wanna thank every one for showing up it was great time to set down with some of the guys that we talk to every day on here an get to know them a little better an meet in face
    i showed up on sat. night with rain in my back door rained from abot 6 to about 10:30 that night then every one started rolling in all day long it was a nice day all day hite the water about 6:00 pm about 2 hours on the water a got a call from ericsaying the storms were coming in with winds from 60 to 80 mph every on got off the water safe an sound
    sat started out nice with a few more guys showing uphad good time setting around shoting the bull with every one had dinner around noon an thanks for every one bring all the every thing was great all i can say is barry is going to be eating fish for the next 2 weeks had some small rain blow in right after dinner around 3 or 4 every on headed out for the night fishing hit a few holes that eric turned us on to was hard with the wind blowing my boat all over the river so heading back down river was going to go below the dam an seen a nice spot out of the wind an stoped by there an started my first drift poped a first fish with being on the first drift for about 15 min. fish was about 10 lb started back on the drift 20 min. later the old rod loaded up an the fight was on an the blood prusure went through the roof after she started her first run landed her after about a 5 to 10 min fight landing my new pb 56lb blue cat landed 3 more fish befor the night was up all around 10 to 15 lb range

wanna give a big thanks to Barry for starting this up i helped a little but it was a blast im already looking forward to the next one

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      29.9 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      29.2 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      31.1 KB
      Views:
  2. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    a few more pics

Attached Files:

• 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      43.6 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      46.9 KB
      Views:
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      38.5 KB
      Views:

3. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    some pics for every one

Attached Files:

• 10.jpg
      10.jpg
      File size:
      36.4 KB
      Views:
    • 11.jpg
      11.jpg
      File size:
      27.2 KB
      Views:
    • 12.jpg
      12.jpg
      File size:
      44.4 KB
      Views:
  4. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana

Congrats... Didnt know it was a new PB... That makes TWO this weekend!!!

5. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    yes it was cought one about 2 years ago about the same size but didnt have a scale big enough to weigh it so now ill just call this my pb

6. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    here are a few fish I caught

Attached Files:

7. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    Heres some more fish

Attached Files:

8. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    notice the heavy eyes in the last pics!!!!! big cat was couldnt keep up with the big dog winston!! :wink:

9. flathead03

flathead03 New Member

State:
    IN Indianapoli
    Thanks,I'am glad to have met some of the people from BOC.Everyone I have meet seem to be pretty good O'boy's.Thank's to Eric for giving me some tip's on the fish finder.I did manage to catch a few fish I went out today the water had about three foot chop but if anyone would like to get together some time to go fishing I am willing to go just message me.:wink:

10. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    I am proud to be a catfisherman and a part of the BOC. I was excited and nervous about attending my first BOC gathering; however the nervousness did not last long after we arrived in Cannelton for the week-end. Great facility, really nice cabin, good food, and really GREAT people made this a week-end to remember.
    Thanks to Barry for getting this started and for the great Wall-Eye. What a cook!! Congratulations to Bill and Winston for their big catches! Thanks to all who made us feel welcome! What a great group of really great folks.
    Thank You

:wink:

Linda

11. BigCATDADDY01

BigCATDADDY01 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Well guys and girls Im really sorry that I couldnt spend more time shootin the bull with all you fine folks but you know how family things go and I guess weddings are pretty important. I would however like to say thanks to Bill and Barry I thought they did a fine job planning this thing. I would like to say congatulations to Bill and winston on the fish they caught and I would like to say thank you to Adam for showing me how to use a depth finder and how to drift fish successfully. Im already looking forward to the next gathering Hopefully no weddings this time!:angry:

12. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    like i told you im just learning to drift fish this year myself but i will show you everything i know! just stick with it because just when you think you have it all figured out you will get a curve ball!! :wink:

13. BigCATDADDY01

BigCATDADDY01 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hey Im just glad to know that the depth finder I spent so much money on last year is worth more than to find my way home in the fog:roll_eyes:

14. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Great pics Bill! Thanks for doing all the legwork putting this thing together. It turned out great. I made a post on the gathering thread, but I'll say it again, it was great seeing everyone, thanks for making it a success.

15. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    Me.. I thought i did pretty darn good for the lack of sleep I had... on the water im a machine... theres no quit in me... Winston knows that... LOL